Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do people,

Firstly I have a Hactchback Cav everything bar the body is in perfect condition.

I have the chance of getting one of two empty shells. My idea will be to strip out the empty shell all the way and do any touch up thats needed (I have been told one will need non, and the other very very minimal) and possibly a respray.

The trouble is, one is a hatchback, and the other is the saloon (which I like to lean towards on style). The hatch is in almost perfect condition, the saloon is perfect.

My question is, will everthing off my hatchback fit both? Or is there stuff that won't fit one but will fit the other?

Exhaust - currently have a full system.
Suspension - currently 60mm springs and dampers.
Interior, dash, seats, door cards?

Reason I ask is, firstly can't make up my mind, but secondly not sure how stripped the car will actually be - expecting everything to be gone, but might be lucky and some bits are left, hence I need to know what will fit.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
yep there the same rear set up. think the gsi was diff because of the 4x4. my mates gt a cav sri saloon an its exactly the same as what my sri hatch was. from what i can see its only the exhaust thts different. maybe the petrol pipe too but im nt 100%

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't mind doing the work, not got a problem with that. Mine has a big hole in the pannel at the bottom corner of the windscreen (very difficult to get to) a crack that runs about 6 inches long in the boot, one wheel arch is shot, on of the back door has rust on the outer skin, the drivers door has rusted from the inner skin almost through the outer skin, inside the boot there is more rust patches, engine bay has a few patches of rust around. The front panel under the headlights has some rust and bent bits where it met a tigra's arse and something else. Under the car is clean though lmao - car has done nearly 185,000 miles now. The front wing has a bit of a dint by the side indicator, car park dings in the doors, little stone chips / dints in the bonnet too :(

As ya can see its probably just as much work to sort mine and swop to a new shell and I'm better with mechanics than I am with body work lmao

1 - 10 of 10 Posts