Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am soon to be the owner of a '92 Cav GSi 2wd, which i will be converting to 5 stud & lowering 60mm, i understand that i will require some camber adjustment?

Where from?
How much?
How easy to fit?

I had a similar thing on my nova, the bolts for front shocks were replaced with a bolt with a lobe on, turn the bolt, pulls the shock in or pushes it out to allow adjustment.

I got these from germany, and dont know if its the same as the cav? took bloody ages to get them setup enough to drive it to a garage to set up properly(thought i could do it myself till i realised they wereall over the place!)

Any help would be great, thanks :beer:

·
Registered
764 Posts
There was a big thread on this. I think it was also on cavweb. Some people use the offset bushes, the option discussed in the thread was to redrill the suspension arm mounting holes so that the arms sit at the right angle so cancelling out the lowering.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oooooo, thats alot more complicated than i thought!

No one do any sort of correction kit for the cav?

cheers bud :beer:

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I eventually found this thread...

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=81287&page=1&pp=25

but has anyone got any pics of them doing the mod?

As i will be fitting 5 stud to the car, i can do it all easy peasy, but would like some pics so i can understand fully as i havnt even picked the cav up yet!

Thanks!

Mark :beer:

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
16vmantamark said:
I eventually found this thread...

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=81287&page=1&pp=25

but has anyone got any pics of them doing the mod?

As i will be fitting 5 stud to the car, i can do it all easy peasy, but would like some pics so i can understand fully as i havnt even picked the cav up yet!

Thanks!

Mark :beer:
Found it after going through a few forums....

just incase anyone else wants a look :)

http://www.clubcalibra.net/forum/showthread.php?p=93031#post93031

whats best then?

relocating hole, or buying the kit?

cheers :beer:

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
True, but if i can do this mod whilst the 5 stud conversion is lying on the floor anyways, wont be too much hassle?

Plus its another 180quid, would have to wait a little before i bought it, need to get the rims refurbed aswell, doh, this car is costing me loads & i havnt even got the damn thing yet! lol!

Cheers Rob :beer:

Anyone done the above conversion?

Thanking you :beer:

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are they the same sorta thing as the ones above?

How hard are they to fit/setup?

Just a case of putting them in & twisting them till the correct camber is achieved?

Thanks for the info :beer:

ps, what other stuff you do? got a website? :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
click the sig
and yeah, mark the lowest point and turn till correct camber is achieved...if you have lowered a fair bit then you can use 4 for more adjustment

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So will it be worth getting a full powerflex(or similar) kit, then fitting these bushes?

Good site btw, lot of stuff there!

What bushes would you recomend for a 2wd cav gsi with 5 stud conversion? using full turbo setup, like rear arms, shocks, hubs and so on? could i use the full turbo bush kit?

cheers for the help :beer:

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
yeah the irs bushes are all the same, so the kit with 2 eccentric bushes is an option, pricey tho, think i had an offer of 250 for the standard ones going, but it was a while ago i cant remember lol

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so would it make a noticable difference to the handling if i changed all the bushes inc the offset rears?

if so, can you do me a price on the lot please?

Realistically i am looking at using the car as a daily runner. for at least a year, then turning it into a track weapon after that, once the LET is in, i would also need to highten it, as i understand 60mm is a bit overkill for the track, so a stiffer, 30mm option would be better?

Any help would be good mate, thanks :beer:

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
retail on the fronts inc rollbar is 145
retail on the rear inc eccentrics is 105

knew 250 rang a bell, anyway would do the lot for 225 inc delivery

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thas a pretty good deal mate!

is tha inc the rear camber adjusters(sp?)?

Would it be worthwhile doing on my cav?

How easy to fit & setup?

Would i be better off getting a garage to fit?

Many thanks :beer:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts