Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys cavvy failed her MOT today

abs warning light is on

any suggestions what may be the cause of this?????????

and also emissions were a bit high both co and lamda came in at 0.60
so suggestions for dropping this would be nice too

cheers guys

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
S**t one rob.. A think youre just as well putting the cat on. what else it fail on?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Cant you just turn your headlights down with that headlight adjuster switch inside or does that not count?

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol nah easy sorted bit of fettling they'll be fine
concerned about the abs tho
gonna be a **** to get this running

·
Registered
8,813 Posts
mmm quick fix would be to take the abs light out the dash, but if he's on the ball/a hitler he may notice it doesnt come on when the car is started, to fix it properly it's probably a duff sensor , not really sure how to test them except changing them until you find the faulty one

new plugs / leads will help emissions if you haven't done that already, also, rag it before the test so it's warmed up

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
It will most likely be one of the front abs sensor wires - where they twist when the front wheels move the wires inside break.

Borrow/rob some from the local scrappies - but be aware the plastic holders often stick to them and break. However these are only about £1.30 from vaux.

Could also be muck etc on end of them, but in my experiance that's not too likely.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
So how do you change an abs sensor? I need to change mine. Also how do you remove one from another car?

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
You jack up front of car on side you want to change.
Take off wheel.
Turn steering so you can see abs sensor which is pointing to driveshaft.
Use suitable tool to undo bolt (either posi-drive headed bolt or hex bolt IIRC).
then pull/twist abs sensor out of it's plastic housing.
unclip wires.

refitting is reversal or removal.

I take it you guys down own a Haynes manual too don't you?

·
Registered
8,813 Posts
the back ones are held on by the bolts that hold the caliper on on a bracket
I think the fronts just tap out...but I really can't remember...

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
i sont have haynes manual.. Defo think i should buy one though! A will get one when got more money. Just need to know how to get abs sensor off. So you's suggest i should also check wires? I just changed bat from fooked one. Can this set do anything to abs or brain??

WeegieBoob - Sorry for hijacking thread but need to know.. :)

Gary

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
He's away home now. :) Gonk? Did his daughter keep the kid?? He seemed a bit off when i mentioned your name but didnt know why... Why you gonna fit 2 cats?

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah me and his daughter have a little un Sophie she's coming up 4 now

ask him how Sophie is for me willya

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Dont you see her mate? I wont see him until wed next week.. Its the way the shift works. Sorry man..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts