Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I `ve finally fitted my Veccy handles & got the lock working but the deadlocks & window closure no longer work, anyone know what I need to do to get them working ?

Cheers

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
Both of them work of the microswitch on the back of the barrel.My guess is its either fell off,or it aint being triggered by the barrel.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lock won`t turn far enough to even try to put the deadlocks on ?

The microswicthes are in place but I`ll check there working later.

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
He has used the cav backplates,hes put the vectra barrel on to them so the barrel sits flush with the handle.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the Veccy backplate, I didn`t realise you could use the Cav on, the barrels didn`t look like they fitted in the same way.

Looks like I`ll have to swap them round sometime as I can still lock the car at the moment & its garaged anyway.

Don`t suppose there any way of modding the veccy back plate so it works my deadlocks etc ?

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
U need to put a bend in the rod from the back of the key barrel to door lock mechanism so the barrel will throw far enough to activate the microswitches.

did this to my cavvy when I fitted vectra handles with the key still in the drivers door (used the vectra backing plate). had NO problems with it at all. Now got remote deadlocking.

HTH

:)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I had the same problem when i fitted mine. Vectra handle & barrel and cav backplate. Ended up fitting the barrel from a corsa as it had the same working mechanism. all works fine now :)

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers guys, I`ll have a go at bending the rod but I`m changing to remote locking soon so I may just wait till then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts