·
0 Posts
Why not just leave it on 2 axle stands,

Looks like a lot of messing around for no gain :confused:

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
the chassis rails.

I expect you'll see a manta or two like that soon. Prepping the underneath is just going to be sooooooo much easier then!

And weldind up Animals shell.

Looks good Ste :cool:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
biran / matt - you guys up for knocking one of these up then?

we need a pair of knackered discs to make the attachment points to the wheels, and a shed load of serious box section - unless you think that my 2" angle iron will do

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
I think so. It's been a plan for a while. Just never bothered because of where we both are.

Box section is very easy to get though. There is loads here. Maybe I'll try and fit some in the Van on our way up. I'll see what I can get anyway.

Defaintely up for doing one though I reckon.

Cheers, Brian.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
We had a version of this years ago,it was very cheap,consisted of about 4 tyres and 4 peeps,just gently roll it over on to the tyres,not advised for use after fitting any wide arch kits though.:eek: :eek: :D lmao lmao lmao

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
lmao sounds like the budget version. I reckon you could make one for 30-40 quid materials, plus welding time.

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
i used an old set of cushions , tipped the mini on its side in the garden..

welded the sills on, then just had to fill a 1 foot square dent in the rear 3/4 panel :rolleyes: lol

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
being a design engineer - i keep taking things apart in my mind...

(weirdo)

take this thing - in essence its an extender to the hub - to put the force / load fom the hub to the ground -= exactly the same as a wheel.

why would a transit style double wheel not work? - lob double wheel on to hub, use outer wheel rim / tyre as the roll corner. lock both wheels together (or just put the brakes on....) then it cant roll back and forth.

lift car by opposite edge hub. using engine hoist on wheels (to take out lateral movement)

anyone got 4 knackered / bent steelies?

guy

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I'm after something which'll tilt a bare shell, so bolting onto the hubs isn't much use.

Haynzee, you should have used bigger cushions! lmao

1 - 18 of 18 Posts