Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
11,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just asking for regular meets with a bit of flavour, rather than the stagnant one in Stone that only a few bum buddies attend!

I want this region to have some awesome meets that people remember for a while after, stuff like kayaking or archery or shooting.... Is that to hard of a task to manage??

Do not lock, as new members and users may actually like the idea tbh! :nod:

·
MigWeb Member
11,216 Posts
so who's going to attend a meet that you will be going to if you refer them to as bum buddies?

·
Administrator
61,453 Posts
Steve, stop trying to stir problems up.

Everyone one else seems to be happy.

·
East Midlands Regional Coordinator
40,980 Posts
Try Niagra falls for kayaking and let us know how you get on :beer:

I'll stick to the regular midlands meets because the people who attend are:

1) Funny, friendly people who all get along
2) Always willing to lend a hand on each others projects (ie Mazz's Nova, my Cali)
3) Able to hold a balanced conversation without dominating it or rambling on about crap
4) Owners of performance vauxhalls
5) Interested in performance vauxhalls
6) Willing to drive to a central location for a meet (ie not selfishly want it on their front lawn)

When you meet some or all of those criteria you might find people more inclined to involve you in meets :beer:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

2) Always willing to lend a hand on each others projects (ie Mazz's Nova, my Cali)
3) Able to hold a balanced conversation without dominating it or rambling on about crap
6) Willing to drive to a central location for a meet (ie not selfishly want it on their front lawn)

When you meet some or all of those criteria you might find people more inclined to involve you in meets :beer:

pmsl but true!

·
Registered
12,425 Posts

someone get that man a beer

·
Banned
11,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the thing is:

I already hold regular meets on other forums, which like I have suggested above seem very successful. Was a mountain bike meet last week, 24 of us up in the woods having a coughing fit good bbq time. It's not about the cars but the people, I don't need a "Performance Vauxhall" or to rub my penis on Ben's Calibra to meet with like minded people.

So, the VERY reason I keep bringing up these meets for new and used members, is for the greater good of the website/forum. Not for 6 bum buddies to take the piss out of Steve, saying that I'm a waste of bandwidth....

I can and do hold many good meets on many forums, but this region seems very lost and stuck in 1995.

The people that "like" there local Stone meet can continue to do so, but don't bring down the rest of us to your level. That is all, thanks for making this region so boring.

"Everyone" else, lets get this region up and running shall we......

·
East Midlands Regional Coordinator
40,980 Posts
I don't think it's fair that you call the regulars "bum buddies". As far as I can see, there are a dozen or so regulars who meet at Stone, go to shows together and generally have a good time. Everyone gets along, there's zero bitching, zero bad atmosphere... the only person who seems to have a problem with this is you.

ps - lmao @ "everyone else". By that you mean you parked on your own, in your standard 1.6 Zafira, round the back of Telford Tesco crying into a 1996 issue of Performance BMW magazine

·
Banned
11,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not at all.... I have no issues at all, I would like to see some great meets from this region. That's all ;)

·
MigWeb Member
11,216 Posts
to be honest the new lads that have joined the region all seem like they are into cars, and are actually partaking in projects, to me lending a hand to other like minded people is what I've always viewed as keeping up the community.

PS I has something for you!!

·
Banned
11,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exactly, I love to get down and dirty with a car. Be it mine or a forum members!

·
MigWeb Member
11,216 Posts
woolaton hall was the last meet.
previous were Stone and the rolling road day with NW (was hardly a trek now was it)

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Well the thing is:

I already hold regular meets on other forums, which like I have suggested above seem very successful. Was a mountain bike meet last week, 24 of us up in the woods having a coughing fit good bbq time. It's not about the cars but the people, I don't need a "Performance Vauxhall" or to rub my penis on Ben's Calibra to meet with like minded people.

So, the VERY reason I keep bringing up these meets for new and used members, is for the greater good of the website/forum. Not for 6 bum buddies to take the piss out of Steve, saying that I'm a waste of bandwidth....

I can and do hold many good meets on many forums, but this region seems very lost and stuck in 1995.

The people that "like" there local Stone meet can continue to do so, but don't bring down the rest of us to your level. That is all, thanks for making this region so boring.

"Everyone" else, lets get this region up and running shall we......
I`ve never had a massive problem with you tbh, just figured you were a "different" internet charactor, found you funny more than anything else, but if you keep refering to me as a "bum buddy" I will have. If you really want to meet up for outdoor activities then piss off to an appropriate club, this IS a Vauxhall club, we will meet up and mess around in and with Vauxhalls, if you`re not interested it that, or you just can`t cope with being the "saviour of Westmids region" then shut the **** up!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts