Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

can i block the hose number 4 on this picture
i don't have non return valve can i bypass this hose by blocking that with a bolt on each hose
sorry for english
thanks for answer

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are three hoses connected to the cam cover. The one in front link the cam area directly with the sump. The two at the back, one got a one way valve in preventing the boost from reaching the cam area. The thicker one feeds back before the turbo. At idle it (the thin line with valve) extracts the oily fumes and as the throttle is almost fully close the oily mess find its way to the ICV and eventually you will have to clean it. Under boost when the turbo sucks the oily fumes through the turbo and messes up the, turbo, inter cooler etc with a thin layer of oil. On my turbo setup I plummed a breather tank in the feed between the cam cover and sump. The thick line is blanked off and the thin one breathes through the valve. As a temporary messure you can blank the thin line off instead of removing the valve and linking it directly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.