Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've only ever been in one cossie, a mate's (alleged) 417 bhp one. One minute we're cruising at 50mph, the next moment speedo's whizzing past 110mph when other cars would be nudging the speed limit!:mad:

Right, you can get Calibra Turbos from £3k (good ones), Phase III is £874(?) from Wallace Performance, so for about £4K you can get 380(?) bhp. OK. Can't you just whack on a hybrid and boost at 2+ bar? I'm planning on getting a cally T early next year, and want to run 12s goddammit! I need advice.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Nah, I think those figures are bowlocks, particularly the 0-60.

Phase 3 should take you to just over 300bhp if the Cally turbo is in VGC.
If you strip it and drive it like a nutter, then very high 12's are probably acheivable.

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
You can't run 2 bar on the standard Calibra engine. The Cosworths have steel internals which is why they can take it. If it makes you feel better, Skylines don't run 2 bar either.

To get there you would have to take the engine apart and run stronger pistons and rods and a steel crank and probably a host of other things...all for what? 0.5 seconds on a 1/4 mile stretch?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very important if you live your life a quarter- mile at a time, nothin else matters.... and so on. :)

I still remember C4LY T rapin me on PV day at the Pod last year. I was in a black Cav GSi, asking if you'd "done much to the engine..."lmao

How much can the transfer box take, before getting a sport version? What kind of cash are we talking, for a "reliable" 13 sec 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, just trying to prepare for all costs involved. I really like the cav/cally turbos, and am looking at buying one in the not too distant future and "ricin' it up" :D

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
All I'd say is that no matter how much you plan the costs involved
there's always something that comes along and brings the cost
over what you originally thought.
Reliable phase 3 can be done for £4k. I would definately invest
in a hybrid, and water injection and should be possible for this
price. Gav is definately worth a chat.

·
Registered
944 Posts
err, back to the original question.

i remember Tiff Needel broke the 0-60 record for a road legal car, and that was 2 - 2.3 seconds or something rediculus in a cateram type car...(cant remember wot car)
so this cossie's almost a record beater. Sounds a bit unrealistic:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
considering martin hadlands 518BHP cossie does 3.2 0-60's the chances of this guy telling the truth are pretty low.

·
Registered
944 Posts
anyone got any ideas for a 10second nova?
youve reveald your plan!?

all i need is " a T4 turbo, direct port nitrous oxide injecion, a motec exhaust system... and a stand alone fuel 'n managment system.........not a bad way to spend ten grand" and then im on my way.

the americans can run 10 second crx's and civics so a nova will be possible......err....i think.:eek: :D

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I think that Cossie in the piccy was the example that ran a 3.08 0-60 at Trax last year, the guy on the tannoy there said he'd ran a 2.99 too. Not too sure what power though :eek:

·
Registered
71 Posts
The car concerned has a 330bhp conversion but also has 100bhp of nitrous added to the bargain.

The 0-60 of 2.99s was at Trax last year (the times were rumoured to be a little optimistic but nonetheless its still an impressive time.

The owner is a regular on the RSOC website and there's a clip of him doing a 3.10s run at www.drivetoish.co.uk:eek:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Jespin said:
The car concerned has a 330bhp conversion but also has 100bhp of nitrous added to the bargain.
I can second that! He's a top bloke, and should he ever read this - thanks for the tow rope pmsl.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts