Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
(+ not had much spare time to do anything)
I can relate to that.

Yeah the car is not quite such a bone cruncher now lmao , but you know me I can't help playing with it :eek: so instead of just getting it remapped for the latest setup (again :rolleyes:). I've decided to go down the stand alone engine management road so I can map it myself = :D + Boom = :doh: + rebuild (probably)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Hi Heds, Sorry about the PM box my mebership has expired since the last time it was used and you get more storage when your a member. I've emptied some of the message out now :eek: .

In theory all 24V senators should have an LSD. However in practice only around half the 24v senators left have still got LSD diff's in them. The problem aroused as the car's started to get older and slip into their 3'rd or 4th owners. Due to the cost of replacing the LSD diff's if they failed and as second hand "open" diff's from "every day" senators were abundant and a lot cheaper people tended to replace the LSD diff' with an open diff'. Hence the only way to tell for sure if your donor senator has got an LSD is to either take the end plate off of the diff, or jack the rear end of the car up and try it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
since your u had know middle box did u have to cut out the floor i have a 8v and got crashed 4x4 and want to put it in it so could i get away with it

·
Registered
17,025 Posts
That intercooler looks superb and mounted very neatly, top marks for the quality of workmanship! well done, nice project and worth while doing it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi sorry to dig this post back up
I am about to do a 4wd convetion on my 2wd calibra is there any other threads on this topic

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey what happend with all the pictures from this thread i really need them i already got a donor car and dont know where to start cand someone repost them?

·
Administrator
61,449 Posts
Sadly due to photobucket changing their hosting. Most photos dont work, butr this is a bit different as even the codes dont show. So i hve no chance of getting the photos to work.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #154 (Edited)
Sadly due to photobucket changing their hosting. Most photos dont work, butr this is a bit different as even the codes dont show. So i hve no chance of getting the photos to work.
Hi Benn, glad to see your still on here and Hi Alexaandru15 :)

I've wanted to re-attach the photos for a few years now but the site I 'owned' that was hosting them lost them when the transferred to new owners :mad:. However whilst being on Furlough I managed to recover a lot of old photos from a knackered hard drive from my old computer so I have just started to re-attach them to the thread. It's a bit messy at the mo' as half way through I found I could add them to my gallery and link them through and now I've been stopped from editing posts by the site as I've edited too many within the 7 day time limit.

However I will complete the tidy up and upload as soon as my 7 day limit's expired. In the meantime They are all in My Gallery which you should be able to view :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you for you lost time reuplodoing these photos, trust me they will be a huge help for me and others that will try to do something like this....there are lot fewer calibras than 10 years ago but there are still nuts people like me and probably you 2 :)) waiting for the next set of photos..... chers mate

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
No worries bud, just sorry its taken so long for me to recover them but I'm glad to know there are still more "nuts people" like us around that they will be of interst to :cool:🍺

141 - 156 of 156 Posts