Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
17,025 Posts
well done mate! great skills went into achieving this chellenging project, you can now effectively use that last ounce of torque from your Cally and greatly improve your 0-60 and a 1/4 timings! Thanks to your ex boss who allowed you to use his worksop, lighting, heating, tea, tools, jacks, welding equipment without raising an eyebrow!

extreme effort went into this project and a loads of money ! well worth it!:beer:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Hiya Add :) , mate I'd love nothing more than bringing it up to the darlaston but I think even with my, um shall we say creative use of trade plates it might be pushing it a bit :( . If Bean can get a meet together in worcester i'll break it out of its box and take it there though.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Ahh if only the MOT was the problem I'd be up to stone quicker than a rat up a drain pipe. Nope unfortuantely its the rip off insurance co.'s that is the problem and empty pockets to pay for it :)

:) whats the engine spec matey? glad u did what u wanted to do :D
MSG said:
well done mate! great skills went into achieving this chellenging project, you can now effectively use that last ounce of torque from your Cally and greatly improve your 0-60 and a 1/4 timings! Thanks to your ex boss who allowed you to use his worksop, lighting, heating, tea, tools, jacks, welding equipment without raising an eyebrow!

extreme effort went into this project and a loads of money ! well worth it.
Cheers guys :D . Yeah I must admit I owe Jim Strefford big time. Not just for the use and indeed ongoing use of the workshop but for also for being a bloody good mate and teacher (without him I wouldnlt have been able to weld like that Gas, Mig, Tig and ally). Jim absolutely loves projects and that had to be the best thing about working at Streffords Motorcycles, some of the projects we built were awesome fun.

Adam the current spec of the engine isn't insane but is reliable. The bottom end is fairly standard, just shot peened oe rods and HD big end bearings and bolts with the rough edges taken off the block. As for the top end, the cylinder head is ported and flowed to inlet manifold with the oil gallery drilled and sleeved, custom profiled inlet and exhaust cams, vernier pulleys, early cambelt set up conversion, 1.9mm thick cometic head gasket, modified airbox, hybrid turbo currently pushing 22 psi through a custom intercooler and charge cooler into a custom inlet manifold and top hat, adjustable fuel pressure reg running 4 bar presssure with 440cc injetcors and remapable ECU.

·
MIGWeb User
1,850 Posts
Its been to a meet in Worcester and i even got a ride out into the country.
Its a quick car and it gripped the road like **** to a blanket allthough was a little bit on the firm side:rolleyes:
Have you sorted the back end suspension yet?
Hopefully sorting out the western region soon and arranging some meets
;)

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
cant believe ive never seen this thread before, oh well hope you dont mind but im going to completely copy your setup for the cav, how evil am i lol.

great work btw, awesome welding, nice to see someone doing there own work.

is there any markings on the rear diff to identify the ratios or are all 3ltr senators the same?

·
Registered
111 Posts
cant believe ive never seen this thread before, oh well hope you dont mind but im going to completely copy your setup for the cav, how evil am i lol.

great work btw, awesome welding, nice to see someone doing there own work.

is there any markings on the rear diff to identify the ratios or are all 3ltr senators the same?
almost all are 3:70:1,
but it's also written on the crownwheel what the ratio is.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Wooh its been a while since I was on here.

Hi Heds, as Classic has said almost all senator rear diff's are 3:70.1, however also almost all are standard open diff's NOT LSD's. You'll also need to avoid any senator estate diff's (pretty rare any way) as these were 3:90.1

Hiya Bean, Its been a while again :eek: , I just don't seem to get 5 minutes to myself any more. The rear suspension is sorted now ;) How's the western region going?

Ginge m8 its been a while but great to talk to you again. The car changed again in i think it was July or August, Can't remember now LOL. I finally got the cash together (without it being spent on something else) to have a new custom made intercooler and charge cooler system made up and fitted. Longest 3 weeks of my life while the car was away being done. I think i've got some photo's of it somewhere. I'll see if I can get them up in the thread.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
3 weeks and mucho cash = new intercooler, charge cooler, reservoir and hoses.

The return pipe from the charge cooler to the radiator has been re routed since this photo was taken.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
P.S since the forum's on Mig have changed around so much since I 1st started this thread it is now in the wrong section. If one of the mods could move it to the projects forum that would be cool, if not don't worry as it's been in car talk for a while now with out causing any problems :)

·
MIGWeb User
1,850 Posts
Nice work mate bet it goes better now that the cooler is in???
Glad to hear you sorted the rear suspension, it looked ace but was rather firm. lol
Western region is still very quite at the mo (+ not had much spare time to do anything) will try to get the meets going again soon.

121 - 140 of 153 Posts