Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moring Gents, a mate of mine bought a 16V Cally (about H reg if I remember correctly) a couple of years back, as things have been replaced he has discovered that things have been upgraded. He knows it has a chip on it, it also has full stainless (not sure about manifold though), turbo sized brake discs and a turbo clutch. So, now there is a mystry behind what else has been done to it! - So, what I want to know is, what is the max people have managed to get out of the cally 2.0 16V, without turbo's or without nitrus.

Cheers in advance,

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LEE69 said:
Mike Warner got about 250 bhp but cost him £9000 to do.
Bejesus! I was wondering if 200 bhp was possible, but clearly it is! This mate of mine can get from a point a to point b quicker (actually a lot quicker) than me and I am supposed to have 170bhp, but I am also heavy with air con and other guff. It wouldn't surprise me if the person he bought it off is a memeber on here!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure about that, but it definately has a chip, full CAT bypass exhaust, and ecoteck thingy, and s*** mpg :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is all this power located very high up in the revs? It seems quite spritely from about 3.5k onwards.......

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
You'd know if it had throttle bodies on it because it would have 4 shiny trumpets connected to the inlet manifold where the SFI box would normally sit, the sound would also be a give away (and the car would probably have cost twice as much). Without throttle bodies he'd be lucky to have 180bhp max out of his engine.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
tb's on v6

Can be done tb's on a v6 vauxhall engine?
And how much could increased the max power?

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
Not that I know of. I think Animal is attempting this though. Expect 40+bhp I would have thought.

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
chip full CAT bypass exhaust, and ecoteck thingy, and s*** mpg :)
those things aren't enough to explain the performance of the engine. Maybe it's got a modified head with pocketed valves and a different cam in it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tomstickland said:
chip full CAT bypass exhaust, and ecoteck thingy, and s*** mpg :)
those things aren't enough to explain the performance of the engine. Maybe it's got a modified head with pocketed valves and a different cam in it.
What are pocketed valves ???

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
With the std engine the valves almost touch the pistons. So you machine away the piston where the valves would touch if you were usins a higher lift cam shaft.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts