Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been looking at this page, and all over the net. I am trying to find a front and rear set of ugraded brakes for my Calibra 4x4 turbo. But i am having som problems finding them on the rear end, and still getting the handbrake to work. And i have allways been a fan of Wilwood brakes. So i Was wondering about if any of you guys ever done it. and if not, then i might got an ideer, but i don't know if it me that is far of.

The front is easy, but the rear:

If i take the orginal disc and get meshined the part of the dics off that the brakepads use, so i only have the inner part of the disc left and a little edge. My ideer was to make a bracket or something so i could bolt the new bigger disc straight on to that. But there is another factor allso, it can't get bigger than it can fit inside a 16/17" rim. no bigger because of the slicks i am gonna use.

Is that a bad ideer or? i know it is not gonna be esay, but nothing is.

Best regards,

Henrik

·
Registered
263 Posts
302mm saab 93-aero rear discs and calipers should be a strait swap as they use the same mounting points and handbrake mechanism

heres a pic of it done on a mk3 astra gsi but it should be the same on a calibra :nod:

(ignore the top discs, they are the front ones, the bottome 2 discs are standard gsi rear and saab aero)

caliper fitted

disc fitted, these have been redrilled to 4 stud to fit the gsi but cally turbos are 5 stud so you wont have to do that ;)

hope that helps mate :beer:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but has anyone done this Saab aero rear brake conversion? What model/year do I have to get the calipers/disks from? :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts