Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright people? Need your helps again. Y/day at the scrappy's tryin to remove an electric window motor! My bloody god! Anyone got any idea how it comes out??? Not wantin to have to buy door just for a electric window motor! Any help very much appreciated!

Help.

Cheers
Gary :)

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody know then people? :( . Shame.... Gonna have to buy the door then...

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
I sold one from a cally i was breaking ages ago. to get it out i chopped off the inner skin of the door. Dunno the proper way to do it, I couldnt be bothered messing about.
You could easilly do this in the scrappy with decent tin-snips and a hammer+cold chisel which would save buying the whole door.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm sure you just drill out the four pop rivets iirc.
No need makin it difficult for yourself if it can be helped.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was drillin one of them for bout ten minutes n bluntened (wrong spelling) my drill piece. After taking it out though how would i fit it to my door? :confused: . How would i line it up to rivit it back in? I did find 2 torx screws butcan only get into 1. You think it be easier just to change the whole door? That way its just a couple pins and barrel. AAny opinions appreciated.

Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
59 Posts
I seriously cant understand why it'd take 10 mins to drill out?!?
The rivet will possibly start spinning if your hitting it dead straight,but you'd have seen that happening.If it does do that,keep drilling on the rivet but move your drill to a slight angle, or side to side slightly and it'll drill out.
I fitted electric windows to an astra merit recently and the rivets drilled out of the scrapped astra no problem and i'm sure i just used a carbon steel drillbit.
You cant go wrong when your putting it in your door as, the holes are already there, all your doin is re-rivetting it. I used aluminium rivets as they were available(another item my work "donated" to me!") and are light but strong.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think the drill bit must have sucked then! How many rivots is it? Cant remember atm. Cheers.
Can a just ask if you think it'll be easier changin the door? Its just the room inside the door is rather limited.

Cheers
Gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts