Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Calibra Turbo 4WD with Cav16 sports box. I bought the car with it already fitted.

Ever since I've had the car there has been a 'clunking' noise coming from the rear diff area when you get back on the throttle from coasting, or similar, its basically like its taking up the slack in the system. I dont think this is normal.

Is there anything that can be adjusted or any suggestions.

Its definately not coming from the transfer box, it is at the rear of the car.

:beer:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestions.

I dropped an email to Richard King of www.cav16.co.uk where my tbx came from asking if had any suggestions, he replied asking for my phone number and rang me back to discuss!

He suggested jacking one rear wheel up with the engine running and turn it to see if there is any signs of play, also suggested removing fuse 19 to see if it still happens, check the rear diff oil etc. Said to check through that and get back to him for more advice if need be, or to let him know how I got on, great service to someone with an unrelated problem to his product that I didn't even buy!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Miles said:
Thanks for the suggestions.

I dropped an email to Richard King of www.cav16.co.uk where my tbx came from asking if had any suggestions, he replied asking for my phone number and rang me back to discuss!

He suggested jacking one rear wheel up with the engine running and turn it to see if there is any signs of play, also suggested removing fuse 19 to see if it still happens, check the rear diff oil etc. Said to check through that and get back to him for more advice if need be, or to let him know how I got on, great service to someone with an unrelated problem to his product that I didn't even buy!
He's a helpful bloke. Given me useful advice in the past. Don't rule out rear propshaft universal joint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts