Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time has come when enemies of the older cars are after your blood and sweat, so easy way out would be if you must keep faith in your old cars, to change its engine with a newer close matching engine that meets Euro 4 standards and notify DVLA of its change to bring it in line with new tax band and paying lower road tax and lots of other nonsense charges now being levied on older cars,

People like me living in London will need to pay £12.50 daily charge t0o use my cally for any trip within the A406 and South Circular A206,

On top of that my greedy local council wants to charge me £150 per year to park my car on public roads based on its engine size, greedy bastards are bringing these charges right when the country is facing crises from covid, brainless idiots , If it is a 2nd car in your household then you would be paying another £100, if it is a third car then another £200 on top of the first charge based on engine capacity, already we are all paying road taxes based on engine size or emissions.

Don't forget this stupid Ultra Low Emissions Zone will soon spread to other counties,

The £12.50 charge is levied per day up to 12 midnight, so assuming you visit a friend at 10pm and got late coming back home and it is now 12.30am you would pay charge for two days! or £25.00 what a load of crap this new sickening policies being levied on older car enthusiasts.

So any one can suggest if I could transplant a Euro 4 engine in my Calibra or concert the present engine to reduce emissions to bring this car in line with Euro 4 standards.

Failing this my Calibra will certainly be facing the crushers.

·
Registered
17,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So if assuming I get a donor car that has Euro 4 engine of approx 1800 to 2000cc max, how easy would it be to swap the electrics to run the engine and immobiliser or is it time just not t0o bother and get a new motor preferably a Hybrid.

·
Registered
17,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Future of motoring as we know is doomed, after 2040 no petrol cars will be sold, and those who own petrol cars will also suffer as garages after garages stop selling diesel and petrol and run bays for electric charging, motorist are going to get charged per mile so basically motoring will no longer be as interesting as it has been, there will be lots of job losses, future is gloom and doom, electric cars will be silent killers, more people will die on British roads as cars will accelerate faster than petrol cars and surprise people crossing roads, get caught crossing in the middle hit by an electric car that seemed to have come out of no where, so basically all our future generation will have no fun as we did.

I am simply going to have to pay disgusting £12.50 each time I take out my cally, in the long run it will be cheaper for me to do this than to stupidly spend 20 grand on an electric car and you don't have any charging infra structure and you will also pay an arm and leg rate for charging per kilowatt than when charging at home charging point.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I understand your pain, it basically taxing people that either look after and keep their cars, or just can't afford to update it!
I would suggest its time to move house to outside of the M25, and then keep the car as it is!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts