Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, ive got a c25xe for my nova i got it nice and cheap because the kid thought the head gasget had gone but since stripping the heads off i have noticed that the oil cooler is covered in crystalised water/coolant and the oil is like custard lmao

do you think an external cooler would be ok to fit as i have a few :)

think this would also help with the engine heat as it been in a small engine bay :)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Any external would be better that that one.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
i have just had this problem on my c25xe, i thought about putting a spare fron mounter oil cooler on, how would you get over where the pipes go into the cooler? would you have to take cooler out and block holes in cover plate somehow or leave in and cap off pipe work?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
i have just had this problem on my c25xe, i thought about putting a spare fron mounter oil cooler on, how would you get over where the pipes go into the cooler? would you have to take cooler out and block holes in cover plate somehow or leave in and cap off pipe work?
i did this once many moons ago, i got a oil cooler think it was mocal, piped it straight from where pipes come out next to oil filter and then made a top plate that sat where the normal plate with oil cooler goes, made it on a cnc milling machine when i was working for a company that i was a miller for.

·
Premium Member
10,352 Posts
im in the process of making some external kits up for v6 units (once the pipe fitting chap comes back to me...:rolleyes:)
The one which are internal are just an accident waiting. lmao

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
Don't forget to fit a bypass thermostat if you are uing an external cooler.

the Water cooled one is designed to get the oil up to temperature fast, for longer engine life.

Using an external one without a stat you'll be running cold oil all the time.

·
Banned
0 Posts
im in the process of making some external kits up for v6 units (once the pipe fitting chap comes back to me...:rolleyes:)
Has the pipe fitting chap come back to you?

I would be interested in one of these.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I was going to do this, My plan way to cut the oil cooler pipes coming out of the engine down by the oil filter with a inch or 2 left and take them a my local engineering place and get some hose braided on two them with a external thermostat and cooler from driftworks

·
Registered
976 Posts
Jimbob has done it on vvoc here you go.

Some pics.

Not everyones cup of tea, and a lot will dissagree, but mine doesn`t get so hot in "ethusiastic" driving. And when sat in traffic, and is funny when going through a puddle the water splashes onto the oil cooler and steams away. The car does feel better without it, but its hassle and cost. But if yours has gone then give it a go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts