Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
to start it all again I bought a red top from my mate who had it in an M reg corsa GSI, he smashed it in the back passenger quarter panel. the engine never got touched but it never started after he had smashed it. I bought it off him and looked at the wiring and joined it exactly the same way in my corsa. for a start it wasnt getting petrol, so i bought a new fuel pump relay. this sorted the no petrol problem. when i checked the timing the back cam shaft was off the timing mark by about 3 or 4 teeth. I took the belt off and reset the timing. it turnes over normal speed then suddenly freezes for about 2seconds then goes back to normal cranking over speed. I took out all the plugs and cranked it over and its spot on, no freezing. i double checked the timing petrol and spark and its all spot on. when it was at the garage where it went to after it was smashed i think one of the mechanics there might have swaped my ecu and air flow meter. i dont speak to the guy coz i fell out with him over it. so does anyone know the firing order for the xe and how to get the flash codes?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent checked it cause I never changed the belt or that cause it got a new belt water pump pulleys tensioners just a week b4 my mate smashed it. Would it not still start but just b really lumpy?????:confused:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
just turn the cam an stick a screw driver dwn cylinder 1 if its at tdc when the marks line up then its all gud. take all the plugs out makes it easier to turn.

·
Registered
45 Posts
does the engine turn then freezes and then starts turning again. is this the red top we're talking about if it is then has it got the electronic ignition on it and has it got a Cone Filter cause that messes up the (MAS) mass air flow sensor up and it dont start properly, i had that problem fitted my old air box back in with a k&n panel filter instead.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is doing the cranking over then freezin. I just joined all the wires colour for colour. Which two do I swap around. I checked the timing on it and its spot on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
to start it all again I bought a red top from my mate who had it in an M reg corsa GSI, he smashed it in the back passenger quarter panel. the engine never got touched but it never started after he had smashed it. I bought it off him and looked at the wiring and joined it exactly the same way in my corsa. for a start it wasnt getting petrol, so i bought a new fuel pump relay. this sorted the no petrol problem. when i checked the timing the back cam shaft was off the timing mark by about 3 or 4 teeth. I took the belt off and reset the timing. it turnes over normal speed then suddenly freezes for about 2seconds then goes back to normal cranking over speed. I took out all the plugs and cranked it over and its spot on, no freezing. i double checked the timing petrol and spark and its all spot on. when it was at the garage where it went to after it was smashed i think one of the mechanics there might have swaped my ecu and air flow meter. i dont speak to the guy coz i fell out with him over it. so does anyone know the firing order for the xe and how to get the flash codes?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Like i said to you on the phone mate.... change the firing order... Could be that..

Im not to sure about the GTE XE loom but i assume its colour for colour...

I know your getting a decent spark and there is pressure to the rail. It has all the hall marks of timing not 100%

Those guys could have swapped any one of your things over to get his own car running....

Its popping and banging but not firing up... Your plugs could be fecked with being soaked to much

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Al just have to get the ecu and AFM of the little ****. and he was supposed to be a mate but obviously not! :mad:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the only thick wire av got in the corsa loom is the red one which is connected straight to the battery!!!

Its getting plenty of petrol. There r two wires left in the corsa loom a thin blue one and a white and yellow one a think.

·
Registered
638 Posts
if the thick blue is the fuel pump wire what is the thick red and blue then. There is another red and blue but thats the speed sensor.

The pump is working fine, i by passed it by hooking it up direct to a battery so it was live but still no joy...

·
Registered
638 Posts
hhmm, Never done a GTE loom before so cannot confirm.

Its not like the other redtops with the ignition switched live routed into the footwell of the corsa. All this is integral on the GTE loom so you plumb ALL the wires into footwell. (from what i could see anyway)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
well as fas as i know if ure getting a decent spark and petrol and the timing is spot on it shud start. has the engine been taken apart at all?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts