Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok looking at building a high touque engine , What is involved on fitting a redtop head onto a z22xe bottom end , can i just put the head on , camcover and belt and away i go ?? any advise please

·
Registered
614 Posts
iirc yanks do something along those lines for some sort of racing series.
sorry for the vague info, theres bound so be someone who knows more about it though.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Dont think it is that simple as the z22se has a reversed cyclinder head compared to the c20xe so inlet etc would be completely different

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Dont think it is that simple as the z22se has a reversed cyclinder head compared to the c20xe so inlet etc would be completely different
+1

and the z22se is a chain engine and the xe is the timing belt :doh:

·
Premium Member
4,644 Posts
I think you mean X22xe bottom end. Z22se as others have said is chain driven for starters.

I have no idea how much torque you would gain but from memory for example the C20XE produces practically the same toqrue as the Z22se.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
fit the z22se with a supercharger :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i mean a x22xe , i have some idea that a z22se is not the same block or the later z22yh (direct injection)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
the z22se was found in the likes of the mk4 astra and the vectra , the z22xe was found in the likes of the frontera and the omega

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
the manifold and head from the x22xev look the same as the x20xev
Z22SE.co.uk • View topic - X22SE

i have a question with possible answer for you.

does the c20xe head fit the x20xev? if that has been done then the redtop head might fit the x22xev.

what is the bore diameter of the x22xev? do some searching dude . . .

·
Registered
923 Posts
Irc the z22se is the alloy block, different engine,
X22xe you can use just search on here there's a few people who have done it, there's a number of blocks and cranks you can use, don't know if the valve cut outs are right in the pistons though for you to just bolt it on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok so anybody who has done this match up , can they please give some details what has to be done . thanks

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
IIRC the 2.2 frontera block is just a taller version of the 2.0 XE one. I'm sure someone will put things straight... SBS perhaps

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts