Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this problem started few weeks ago but today has decided to do it every time i start the car as soon as i start it it runs but wont rev and there is no power and it coughs and splutters so i turn it off try again and its fine then am guessing its a sensor but which one just changed coolant temp sensor so thats not it any ideas?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
sounds like induction to me. you running a cone filter? if not, panel filter dirty? checked for air leaks in truncated hosing? splits in hosing? knackered air flow meter?

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
coughs and splutters you mean its not firing properly?? or theres not enough air/fuel getting in?

guessing no engine fault codes?

checked leads/plugs/spark in all 4 cylinders? if not that id say its prob air leak(as rosh said).

also is the fuel getting through ok?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea got k&n on it was worse today when hot so maybe linked to that ill put airbox back on seems to be getting enough fuel it has also done it once when driving lost all power so pulled up turned it off started back up and was fine

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
will more than likely be your k&n. terrible in hot weather. If you want to keep it then get it nice and close as possible to any cold air feed supply as it will only draw in teh hot air from the engine temp. and the exhaust manifold. If not, get that airbox back on mate.

Rosh

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your lucky mate it seems every engine is different i tried the filter last year and managed 500 miles before it cut out evry junction so i waited till winter and its been fine till now gonna try build custom heat shield for the filter tommorow and if that fails i give up air box back on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.