Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

C20xe Engine Number Location? Do V6 Brakes Fit Easily Onto A Corsa?

2K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  the_fbi 
#1 ·
Anyone no the exact location of the engine number on a C20XE?
Also do v6 calipers off a vectra or somethink similar fit easily onto a corsa. i no the discs have to be drilled to 4 stud. HELP MUCH APPRECIATED.

#2 ·
whittech666 said:
Anyone no the exact location of the engine number on a C20XE?
At the gearbox end, to the right of the dipstick, about mid way up the dipstick tube, on the edge of the block -> gearbox flange.

If you were to hang a plumbline from the dizzy-to-head flange, it'd hit the engine number.

#8 ·
Benn said:
i'd only say use v6 stuff over turbo stuff cause discs and pads from vx are cheaper for v6
Hm....
Don't forget, Turbo's also came in 288mm, same as the V6 and Vectras :)

Its only the early, scabby, non galvanised Turbo's which had 284mm. :yuck:

#13 ·
the_fbi said:
At the gearbox end, to the right of the dipstick, about mid way up the dipstick tube, on the edge of the block -> gearbox flange.

If you were to hang a plumbline from the dizzy-to-head flange, it'd hit the engine number.
HOW MANY NUMBERS AM I LOOKIN FOR, MATE?

#19 ·
Aragorn said:
turbo calipers have smaller pistons (54mm) vs the v6's 57mm pistons which means the turbo calipers provide a better feel on the corsas small mastercylinder
Wish people would stop calling them Turbo Calipers and V6 Calipers. Its total rubbish. Next you'll be telling me I haven't got Turbo calipers on my Turbo.......
284's and 288's, plain and simple.

#20 ·
the_fbi said:
Wish people would stop calling them Turbo Calipers and V6 Calipers. Its total rubbish. Next you'll be telling me I haven't got Turbo calipers on my Turbo.......
284's and 288's, plain and simple.
so you are sayin the the calipers all have the same sized pots?

rodgerq

#22 ·
rodgerq said:
so you are sayin the the calipers all have the same sized pots?

rodgerq
Nope, I'm saying its silly and confusing to call facelift Turbo calipers V6 ones, which is what you are doing if you call 288's V6 and 284's Turbo.

#23 ·
Benelli said:
I think he means that on Calibra turbo after a certain date (iirc 95 or 96) there have been 288mm discs and calipers (usually called "v6 ones", with 57mm pot), while before they only were 284mm ones, which everybody calls "turbo ones" (54mm pot).
I learnt this from the forum before searching for my calipers :)
:) :nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.