Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone no the exact location of the engine number on a C20XE?
Also do v6 calipers off a vectra or somethink similar fit easily onto a corsa. i no the discs have to be drilled to 4 stud. HELP MUCH APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
whittech666 said:
Anyone no the exact location of the engine number on a C20XE?
At the gearbox end, to the right of the dipstick, about mid way up the dipstick tube, on the edge of the block -> gearbox flange.

If you were to hang a plumbline from the dizzy-to-head flange, it'd hit the engine number.

·
Registered
95 Posts
turbo brakes and vectra brakes will bolt straight on the mounting holes.
You need to redrill the discs to 4 stud (4x100 pcd) and to get spiggot rings, like I did:

The only thing, as said, is to check that the rims won't hit the caliper. On my corsa, the calipers are really close to the wheels (they are turbo brakes - 284mm discs) with 15" Tigra wheels

·
Administrator
61,461 Posts
i'd only say use v6 stuff over turbo stuff cause discs and pads from vx are cheaper for v6

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Benn said:
i'd only say use v6 stuff over turbo stuff cause discs and pads from vx are cheaper for v6
Hm....
Don't forget, Turbo's also came in 288mm, same as the V6 and Vectras :)

Its only the early, scabby, non galvanised Turbo's which had 284mm. :yuck:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the_fbi said:
At the gearbox end, to the right of the dipstick, about mid way up the dipstick tube, on the edge of the block -> gearbox flange.

If you were to hang a plumbline from the dizzy-to-head flange, it'd hit the engine number.
HOW MANY NUMBERS AM I LOOKIN FOR, MATE?

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
turbo calipers have smaller pistons (54mm) vs the v6's 57mm pistons which means the turbo calipers provide a better feel on the corsas small mastercylinder

·
Banned
22,254 Posts
Although I have no experience of urbo Callipers, I must agree with Aragorn! The feel on V6 brakes with a Corsa is poor, the first half of the pedal does nothing! The extreme stoppig would be better but the pedal travel is bad! :(

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Aragorn said:
turbo calipers have smaller pistons (54mm) vs the v6's 57mm pistons which means the turbo calipers provide a better feel on the corsas small mastercylinder
Wish people would stop calling them Turbo Calipers and V6 Calipers. Its total rubbish. Next you'll be telling me I haven't got Turbo calipers on my Turbo.......
284's and 288's, plain and simple.

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
the_fbi said:
Wish people would stop calling them Turbo Calipers and V6 Calipers. Its total rubbish. Next you'll be telling me I haven't got Turbo calipers on my Turbo.......
284's and 288's, plain and simple.
so you are sayin the the calipers all have the same sized pots?

rodgerq

1 - 20 of 23 Posts