Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Contrary to what I thought was the vacuum hose on my previous post (labelled as red) that turned out to be a water hose and is connected. This hose is further back under the throttle body (about 2 inches further back) and is much slimmer, but is definitely an air vacuum hose, again in the 6 o'clock position like the water hose at the front. For the life of me I cannot see where this connects.

Somebody must know where this hose connects and I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hi,

Contrary to what I thought was the vacuum hose on my previous post (labelled as red) that turned out to be a water hose and is connected. This hose is further back under the throttle body (about 2 inches further back) and is much slimmer, but is definitely an air vacuum hose, again in the 6 o'clock position like the water hose at the front. For the life of me I cannot see where this connects.

Somebody must know where this hose connects and I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Bumper Automotive wheel system

are you talking about this one, that ive circled ?

im not familiar with the vacuum layout on that engine, and cant find any decent pictures or schematics, to see where the pipe goes, or what it does.

i can only suggest, to jack the car up, and have a look from underneath, with a bright torch.
if the pipe is torn, like you say, then the other half of it, should be dangling somewhere, not far away, or if the hose has left the building, there will be a bare pipe end visible somewhere.

if youve looked and looked, around the whole engine, and cant find anything, you can just twist a tightly fitting bolt into the hose, and secure it with a jubilee clip or cable tie, to plug it up. temporary fix.
that will fix the air leak at least, and make the car driveable for now, untill youve found its location.

check all the stuff, that can potentially run from a vacuum, like crankcase breathers, fuel evap tanks, brake boost lines, idle control valve, map sensor, pressure control valves, etc, all that stuff. you will stumble across a broken hose, or pipe end, sooner or later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's the one - the pipes hanging off of it, not torn, I just did the gasket on my inlet manifold, and replaced all the manifold bolts as some were worn, then noticed this pipe. I'm not even sure if it was attached before i did the manifold because it's been idling like a dog for ages, when i push the bottom end of this pipe onto a screw it idles fine. Wish I knew where it went, ive had the alternator off thinking it was something behind there somewhere, but i'll be damned if i can find a pipe socket anywhere, thanks for the response!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yeah that's the one - the pipes hanging off of it, not torn, I just did the gasket on my inlet manifold, and replaced all the manifold bolts as some were worn, then noticed this pipe. I'm not even sure if it was attached before i did the manifold because it's been idling like a dog for ages, when i push the bottom end of this pipe onto a screw it idles fine. Wish I knew where it went, ive had the alternator off thinking it was something behind there somewhere, but i'll be damned if i can find a pipe socket anywhere, thanks for the response!
how long have you had the car ?
has it been running cack since youve had it ? .. maybe the throttle body got changed by previous owner ?

most of the 20ne throttle bodys ive seen in pics, dont have that 2nd downward pipe, coming off, only the 1 near the front of the body, which is a coolant line, i believe.

just a thought i had, as ive seen several cars over the years, with parts swapped over, from different models, and bodged up, to made work.
im probably wrong, but just thinking outside the box, other possibilities.

i found this one picture, with what appears to be a similar diameter, rear mounted hose, heading towards the direction, above where the heater matrix would be in the car (firewall side).

vauxhall used to sometimes mount map sensors on that side of the engine bay, but i think your engine uses the old style flap airflow sensor, so probably doesnt have one of those.

you got a photo of the hose ?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had the car since 2006, no mods/changes were done to the engine before I owned it or since. I have done many things to it over the years, cylinder head, suspension, respray 2 years back...looks mint. Am unsure how long the rough idle has been, may date back to when i did the cylinder head in 2016, but I haven't used the car that much it's been mostly garaged since then.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts