Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went round my mates to try and see if his 2 let ecu`s work ok?, took mine off and plugged one in, started ok.
tried the 2nd ecu, ran like ****, so changed the 2 chips, plugged it in ticked over ok.
plugged my ecu back in (fitted with evo5 chip) the car had irratic idle, drove home and it ran like a bag of ****, spluttering at high boost and generally wanted to hold back. It`s been like this for nearly a week and it`s pissing me off, any ideas what the problem could be?:confused:
i`ve changed the plugs=bosch fr5dc 0.6mm gap
rotar arm
swapped leads
fuel pressure is 2.8 bar running bosch 440cc
car seems to drive better with vaccum pipe off fpr, but ****ty ideling.
any ideas what it could be as it`s p1ssing me off?
i`ve swapped ecu`s for a day running phase 2 with no difference.

·
Banned
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the boost pipes are clamped down well,as for air leak?
it just seemed weird it was playing up after re-fitting my ecu.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
jason watts said:
went round my mates to try and see if his 2 let ecu`s work ok?, took mine off and plugged one in, started ok.
tried the 2nd ecu, ran like ****, so changed the 2 chips, plugged it in ticked over ok.
plugged my ecu back in (fitted with evo5 chip) the car had irratic idle, drove home and it ran like a bag of ****, spluttering at high boost and generally wanted to hold back. It`s been like this for nearly a week and it`s pissing me off, any ideas what the problem could be?:confused:
i`ve changed the plugs=bosch fr5dc 0.6mm gap
rotar arm
swapped leads
fuel pressure is 2.8 bar running bosch 440cc
car seems to drive better with vaccum pipe off fpr, but ****ty ideling.
any ideas what it could be as it`s p1ssing me off?
i`ve swapped ecu`s for a day running phase 2 with no difference.
i thought that the heat rating for the plug for that engine would have been a bit higher.

·
Banned
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was no problem before, had ngk bcp-7evx in with engine problem, number 2 & 3 cylinder looker pretty hot, done a compression test all 4 in the region of 125.

·
Banned
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well after changing the rotor arm, dist cap, coil, leads, plugs, fuel pressure we found the problem to be my bosch 440cc injectors. They were fine when we put them in , 2.9 bar pressure. Swopped them for saab reds at 3.5 bar pressure. Now running sweet :)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
jason were your new bosch injectors faulty and why did the change of ecu damage them did you allow the ecu to learn the new injectors

·
Banned
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mirpur said:
jason were your new bosch injectors faulty and why did the change of ecu damage them did you allow the ecu to learn the new injectors
they were faulty, had them checked over at a bosch service agent (clive attowes tuning at norwich) he flow tested them, said they were no good and send them back, the company in america refused to exchange them as they`d been tampered with:mad: (by a bosch agent) so why not??:mad:
i`m not 100% sure if the ecu damaged them or not?? as it was runnig a little erratic before we changed them over.
As for the ecu learning the injectors,they were great when i 1st put them in, and they were **** for over a week before we found they were the problem

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
how long did it take for the ecu to learn and how was it driving whilst learning i bought my injectors of mig and was assured they were fine

·
Banned
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
when i 1st got them they were fine straight away with no problems , but i suppose you`re got to allow a week or two for the ecu to learn them?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
myn havent been right from when i put them in you reckon there f*****
if your ecu did not have to learn them then surley myn should be the same

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
all the ecus have to learn them mate, iv just put z20let one in mine and iv now got a flat spot but do a few cycles of starting up driving a few miles and letting it get hot, (thats when the o2 sensor is on closed loop) it will learn the new impendance of the injectors

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
i seem to have more than a flat spot though if i carried on with my foot down im sure the engine would cut out
iv driven it to billing today and back around 75 miles would it have not learnt yet i only started it once in that time but since the injectors have been in ive started it a few times but not from cold on every occassion i just hope the injectors are not knackered
also if the impedence of the greens is the same as the yelloes does it still have to learn

1 - 18 of 18 Posts