Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 different sets of phase 1 or 2 chips. One is EDS ph2 copy, one is custom phase 1.5 and one is genuine CCT motorsport phase 1 (last one is 100% form a running car). None of them works in my ecu, EML doesnt light up, engine wont start. If I change top chip for original and leave bottom as it is, engine starts, car drives like stock but I get ecu fault code (faulty). If I swap bottom for original and leave top uprated, car wont start either. Chips are correctly positioned, 10 times checked. Car runs fine with original chips, no errors. As I understand bottom chip is for boost control and top is fuel, ignition etc. It's hard to believe that all 3 sets are faulty. ECU is without immobilizer PK code.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
While it's outside of my personal experience, only suggestion is it may be the chips are for a different ECU than the one you have.
Is it possible for you to cross-check compatability?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it sorted. Last chips I bought, the top one had an adapter board and at first I didnt fit it. It goes between the chip and ecu socket, its a little printed circuit board. Now with the board fitted, car starts and drives. I didn't have time to test boost, afr etc. I haven't heard that tuning chips need these kind of adapters but maybe it has something to do with the type eeprom used. Now I have two more sets of phase 1/2 chips that I need to test.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Got it sorted. Last chips I bought, the top one had an adapter board and at first I didnt fit it. It goes between the chip and ecu socket, its a little printed circuit board. Now with the board fitted, car starts and drives. I didn't have time to test boost, afr etc. I haven't heard that tuning chips need these kind of adapters but maybe it has something to do with the type eeprom used. Now I have two more sets of phase 1/2 chips that I need to test.
Ah, glad you have it sorted, and nothing got fried. It does make sense, if chips of the original pin-out isn't available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts