Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i'll get straight to the point! :)

My cav turbo has finally got to the stage its running on like 1 cylinder put puting lmao so now have to do the bottom end rebuild! :D

I have a bottom end coming to me 2morrow which has 98,000 on the clock and is running perfect in every way and no smoke etc etc but i wanna fit sum arp rod bolts and also maybe re-new the shells etc b4 i ram it in my cav.

Can sumone gime some pointers what i should reknew on this bottom end as a list marker..bear in mind i wont be changing the pistons or rods for lower compresion ones i just want this block to be perfect as standard.

Cheers Adam :beer:

1) ARP Rod bolts
2) Big and small shells
3) Main bearings
4) New oil pump
5) New water pump
6) Timing belt kit
7) c20xe inlet cam
8) Z20let gasket and metal rollers etc kit

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Your list seems fairly good as is> I'd use a z'let oil pump though. This requires a mod'd pick up and changing the crank seal to xe/let item.

P.S. The block will never be perfect unless you have it decked,top and bottom and have it line bored. Unfortunatly this will take you away from using the current pistons and will lead onto extra expenditure.

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh ok sod that i still got to pay for my new turbo unit lmao

hmm how muich is the z20let oil pump and what actual mods are under took? :eek:

im just hoping my head aint warped too lol no signs of oil n water mix but my coolent water disappeared quite substantially :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts