Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
you need a different kit for the gear box! the drivers side mount will work but thats a bout it!. the 6 speed boxes mount different than the f20s etc

·
Registered
935 Posts
that site wont work for me mate! you normally need the let/xe mounting kit anyway but when using a 6 speed box you need another kit! this is probably the kit you speak of but i cant have a look at it! you normally get a gear box mount and modified mounts for the tie bar/ ARB set up.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fitting kit for F28 6-gear box. (For chassis type-1) With this kit it is possible to fit the F28-6 gear box in a Corsa-B with 2.0L engine were it still has a F16 or F20 gear box fitted.
Kit consists of:
- Engine support left front
- Tie bar fittings
- Lower arm modifications left and front
- 2WD conversion kit (normally a 4WD)
- Instructions

·
Registered
935 Posts
i use an f20 with my let nova. it has 300 bhp (proven) and is soon to have more! its coping well but i dont drive it very often (4000 miles per year). if you are running standard power it will deffinatly be ok!

·
Registered
934 Posts
When it was on the road i was using a standard calibra intercooler. When the car is rebuilt i will be using a custom front mounted intercooler..

·
Registered
935 Posts
2 gear boxes in a year with standard power? mines only had 2 in 4 years with 300 brake! its been driven hard aswell. 2 of my mates had nova turbos for about 6 year and never changed the gear boxes (both f20s) also my mate had a cav gsi with an let and f20 in it with 287 brake.... never ***ked one neither. seems strange. you must kill it everywhere lmao

·
Registered
934 Posts
lol, i must be unlucky or something!!! I did a lot of quarter mile runs! Drove the car everyday!! it had a diff, which i think puts more strain on the box.... Also toasted 2 standard clutches in 2 months!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
I would have the drive shafts machined.

On the wheel end the normal corsa end, on the other end the LET driveshaft end.

A good company can cut them and weld them together to the right length.

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
its all in the way you drive whether you are gony kill the boxes or not. ie if you boot it from stand still it will spin up first and second easily so most of the torque is wasted away through wheelspin instead of being transfered as drive via grip(whcih is a good thing as if you had the grip, ie using a lsd or whatever, it would kill the box in no time). i have killed one box and i found its mainly 3rd gear that goes on them, becuase(with me anyway) i used to love sitting about 50mph dropping it to 3rd and booting it(good for overtaking and stuff) it would grip and go like hell but it was putting A LOT of strain on the box whcih ultimately chews them up.

rodgerq

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.