Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having trouble with my mk3 astra let as it wont start and it seem that the fuel pump isnt kicking in when i turn the key.

ive checked:

spark
compression
the fuel pump inself wired straight from the battery
checked all my wiring from the conversion
changed the fuel relay because it seems that the rubber was melted?

any ideas what else i should check?

·
Registered
46 Posts
sounds daft have you put the fuel line right way round are you getting fuel up to the rail or the pump not working at all can you hear it if not check your earths

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did the conversion last year mate, its been driving spot on, i cant hear the pump working in the car, and what earths are there to check?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive had the pump out and wired it straight to the battery and it works, the relay clicks and ive bridged pins 2 and 4 and the pump still dosnt work.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right ive wired i direct 12v feed wile the pumps in the car and the car fires up. so its the pump not getting power??

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Correct. I thought maybe the loom was lacking power ie switched feed or main + but if it runs its a relay/wiring/ecu fault

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Get the mutimeter out and start checking it all, is there a feed from the fuel pump wire at the ECU whilst your cranking/running?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nevermind ive fixed it, it was a f*king fuse i am a spaka at times, thanks for the advice gav

·
Registered
131 Posts
hmmm it sime like problem is like mine mine starts but takes time lik 40 -50 sec ignition i dont know what the problem iss i did a 1.9 mm cometic and problem begun when it fires upp every thing works fine but dont know why startup iss giving me problem hmm maybe this is a hint vac gauge reading 15

·
Registered
5 Posts
nevermind ive fixed it, it was a f*king fuse i am a spaka at times, thanks for the advice gav
Sorry to message 14 year later 🤣 I’ve a mk3 C20let and I’ve exactly the same problem as you. All fuses have been renewed. Which one was knackered for you? Was the car cranking as mine isn’t?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts