Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have fault code 41 apperaing (first gear ident switch). However, I can disconnect the battery,a nd the fault will dissapear fior about the first 30 miles then it will just spring back on.

any ideas??

the fault is: c20let versions, first gear ident switch low voltage. does that mean the switch is knackered or the wiring????

Cheers

Rich

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why does the fault dissapear for like 30 miles though when the battery has been disconnected?? and then come back???

Rich

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok could anyone give me any clues why it would last 30 miles before coming on, and dissapears when the battery is disconnected and reconnected?

any one know what voltage should be going down it???

Rich

·
Registered
305 Posts
This is what the manual says about code 41

Engine speed > 1520 rpm
Vehicle speed is in range from 10 km/h to;
18 km/h (1520 rpm)
23 km/h (2000 rpm)
34 km/h (3000 rpm)
45 km/h (4000 rpm)
56 km/h (5000 rpm)
66 km/h (6000 rpm)
Control unit recognizes closed switch for the 1st gear
recognition (should be open)
(short circuit to ground)
Control unit recognizes open switch for the reverse gear
recognition (should be closed)
Above conditions must exist for at least 15 s

Are we talking about a Mini running a LET? If so is the speed sensor wired up?

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
why not short the wires of the switch, reset the ecu and drive it for a while and see if it comes back on. if it does then you know its the loom(or speed sensor) and if it doest then you know its the switch

rodgerq

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fixed it, it turned out to be I hadn't plugged in the reverse gear switch as well, I had used the car loom not the engine loom for it, DUHHHH LOL

Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.