Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
putting LET into nova, thought about it and its going to be best to put the looms and ECU threw the bulkhead first isnt it? is it true i need to find a 1.4 loom/ECU to go in the drivers footwell? as my SPI is in the passengers side.:beer:

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
you dont need the 1.4 ecu and engine loom as these are replced by the LET loom and ecu. on mine the ecu loom goes through the bulkhead just behind the battery and the ecu is bolted on the inside of the bulkhead.

rodgerq

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
me again mate, dont know wheather u know him but bob (nova_turbo) said that i need to get hold of a 1.4 loom as it will be easyer than using the 1.2 loom. i didnt quite know what he was talking about though. he knows his **** though,;) :beer:

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
aw i see what you mean now. you mean the full car loom and not the engine loom. well im not one to disagree with him cause i couldnt say for deffo whether he is right or wrong as i bought my car already converted. if he is right though i may be able to help you out with a 1.4 sr loom from an h reg if this is any good to you. its from a scrapper i bought for the engine and needs a couple of wires looked at at the lights up front as someone seems to have wired side lights to indicators or somethin. dunno for sure as i havent looked at it.

what are the differences between the 1.2 and 1.4 looms. i put the 1.4 engine in the 1.2 shell with very little wiring changes.

cheers

rodgerq

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dont know about the 2 looms, i'm new to the scene of engine modifications, i shouldnt have really jumped in at the deep end. be worth while when its done. what intercooler u running?

·
Registered
10,648 Posts
Let me try to clear it up a bit
if you have a 1.2i (with ecu) there are a sheadload of wires that arn't needed in an engine conversion and get in the way
The 1.4 is a carb model so less wires and basic loom
so any you add will make life easier rather than having 2 sets of ecu loom running round the car

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so what your saying is remove the spi Ecu and replace at the drivers side with the motronic ecu?:confused:

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so how far do i take the 1.2 loom back to? probably be able to figure it out when the 2 looms are together but just not in my head.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks 4 your help. as i say i'm a novice as you can tell. go crack opena nice cold:beer: on me;)

·
Registered
10,648 Posts
Im doing a simialr thing soon, ive got a 1.4 loom and the doner in the garage jsut gotta mate them now
makes life easier if you remove the dash first and you want to get the loom into the car, rather than the engine bay cos you wont get the fusebox though the little hole:p

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
would you be able to post pics as you go so i've got a rough guide? thanjs again:rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
assassin said:
The lot, there is no engine and body loom just one big loom
its easy enough to do.
so on the 1.2i there is no seperate loom for the engine and car? eg like any of the 2.0ltr engines have a seperate loom fro car and ecu

cheers

rodgerq

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so would it be possible to mate the 1.2 loom up to the LET loom? or would i have to have a degree in Electrickery?

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
as far as i know its quite simple to wire it up. as long as you have a bit of savy with wiring then it shouldnt be much hassle.

i think the basics are

1. main power to ecu from battery

2. ignition(you will need the correct coil and the we bit below it(cant remember its name)). the ecu loom has a connection to it.

3. fuel pump wiring. - thick blue red wire from fuel pump relay to positive fuel pump connection.

i think thats basically it.

im sure if ive missed anythin someone will correct me

cheers

rodgerq

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
chris when it needs wiring i'll do it for fuel and £10 :D

but it's easy to to yourself.... fit a full 1.4sr mk2 loom (a 1.2 mk2 carb loom will do but you will have to add a couple of extras) all the wires terminate in the drivers footwell in 3 connectors... the wiring is straight forward and can easily be worked out with a cav/cally and nova wiring diagram (i have copys of both in my head lmao)

only extra that will be needed is to pinch the fuel pump feed from the old 1.2i loom it runs from fuse 1 to the fuel pump

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.