Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just tried to fire up my c16xe nova but with no luck, the starter is turning the engine fine but it wont fire up.

there is a spark to the plugs
there is fuel going to the fuel rail but not into the bores

when i pour fuel into the bores the engine trys to fire up but then dies again

does anyone know what could be causing it not too work.

i dont know if the wiring or the injectors are at fault, is there a way of testing either of these.

any help or info would be brill

cheers
Simon

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
which two pins are you refering to, the one on the plug to the injector itself, i will check that as a last resort as it involves removing the top part of the inlet,.

not sure bout a bleed nipple, ill take a quick look. dicko said i wouldnt need to bleed the fuel system,

Simon

·
Registered
10,648 Posts
which two pins are you refering to, the one on the plug to the injector itself, i will check that as a last resort as it involves removing the top part of the inlet,.
Yes unless there is a multiplug nearby that you can test off

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right ive used an tester on the multi plug that feeds the injectors and there is no power running through any of the connections.

ive also bled the system using a valve type of thing, i pushed in a small needle type thing on the end of the valve and fuel came out.

what next guys, any suggestions, test the injector wires at the ecu end maybe??

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
ste_sa said:
from what i remember the injectors get live supplyed to them and they are switched on the ground??
They do indeed, off the fuel pump relay. So they will only be live when the pump is running.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ecu light isnt flashing, ill check all the loom tommoz to see if there is power anywhere in the injector feed loom.

why do these things never just work:rolleyes:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah the fuel pump is workin fine on the switched live, its sending fuel right up to the rail but the injectors arent sending it through, cant figire it out.

Simon

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just had a play around with it all. im gettin live feeds to all of the plugs execpt the injector plug. the only time i get any kind of power to it is only in one one the wires and thats when i disconnect the earth at the passenger side of the engine.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
can you explain that in a little more detail please, when i connected the fuel relay i cut the red blue on the relay and ran it to the pump, i cut the black and sent that to the switched live and i cut the red and ran that to the perm live, then i ran brown red to earth

have i done this wrong??

Simon

1 - 20 of 43 Posts