Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just tried to fire up my c16xe nova but with no luck, the starter is turning the engine fine but it wont fire up.

there is a spark to the plugs
there is fuel going to the fuel rail but not into the bores

when i pour fuel into the bores the engine trys to fire up but then dies again

does anyone know what could be causing it not too work.

i dont know if the wiring or the injectors are at fault, is there a way of testing either of these.

any help or info would be brill

cheers
Simon

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
which two pins are you refering to, the one on the plug to the injector itself, i will check that as a last resort as it involves removing the top part of the inlet,.

not sure bout a bleed nipple, ill take a quick look. dicko said i wouldnt need to bleed the fuel system,

Simon

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
right ive used an tester on the multi plug that feeds the injectors and there is no power running through any of the connections.

ive also bled the system using a valve type of thing, i pushed in a small needle type thing on the end of the valve and fuel came out.

what next guys, any suggestions, test the injector wires at the ecu end maybe??

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just had a play around with it all. im gettin live feeds to all of the plugs execpt the injector plug. the only time i get any kind of power to it is only in one one the wires and thats when i disconnect the earth at the passenger side of the engine.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
can you explain that in a little more detail please, when i connected the fuel relay i cut the red blue on the relay and ran it to the pump, i cut the black and sent that to the switched live and i cut the red and ran that to the perm live, then i ran brown red to earth

have i done this wrong??

Simon

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.