Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was talking to a few people (mainly 1) about this, he says that Velos Motorsport got good results from the X16XE when running C16XE cams in the engine, but he couldn't find any info on it & details were sketchy at best...

Seens as Velos are no more, I was wondering if anyone has had any info/experience on doing this?

Also, what is the main differences between the 2 cam sets, lift height/duration??

Thanks

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
afaik the c16xe cams have higher lift than the x16 cams. this is because the x16 is more enviro friendly, and isnt an as aggressive engine.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
c16xe and x16xe have the same cams (and further to that exhaust and inlet are identical)

X16XEL has a different exhaust cam, and i'd imagine fitting the XE cam would add some power, but the inlet cam is the same

the x14xe also has the same inlet cam as the 1600's and the same exhaust cam as the XEL

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I agree with the above, however I did have some conversations with Velos when they were building the 180-200bhp N/A engine. They'd spotted some inconsistencies, i.e some engines appeared to have different cams, they were more aggressive. I was shown an apparently identical set of cams (came from the same engine type) and the difference was quite noticable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts