Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

221 - 240 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
have your lawyer draft a letter demanding the engine be delivered or you'll take action, regarding it as a theft and/or fraud - depending on your lawyers advice.
At this point, if I were you, I'd be looking to get the guy's legs broken!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
To sound like a stuck record - we are still waiting for you know what !!!

We've been busy with the chevette and I will try and update both threads in the next few days

Dave

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hi Dave, where did you get the front uprights and what ends will be on the shafts, im looking at getting uprights made or using HH universal hubs.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Front hubs were genuine works OPC hubs that we sourced second hand from Chris Birkbeck who used to run a works Corsa S1600

Shafts and CV's came from Hockly and have been sat on the shelf for about 5 years waiting to be put on the car - so I cant remember the spec - BIG spec springs to mind :)

We have a spare set of Astra works alloy hubs sat in a spares box somewhere - from old days of our Astra Rally Car

They are all basically the same design as HH or works spec so will fit Corsa/Astra etc with Proflex size strut casing - will take a picture at weekend and send you a pic but are basically the same as these from Harry

Up for sale if the price is right ;)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
hi dave, would it be possible for you to get some detailed photos of the adjustment set up and rear hub design on the hockly IRS for me? i am building a wide track nova and would like to try and encorporate some of those features onto my rear beam, allowing full adjustment rather than just whacking a dirty great spacer between beam and hub. thanks

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Hi Kenny

Not got many pictures on file that show the adjustment set up and hub design at the moment -

These are the only ones that I've got at the moment - the cars wrapped up for winter while we press on with the Chevette

Basically 3 big rose joints allow camber and toe adjustment - quite simple and clever

If you need any particular pictures I'll have to strip it down an take some more

Dave

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Got a few updated pictures of Chevette build so will try and update that thread soon

Not much progress on Corsa - Still waiting for Martin to assemble the engine

·
Registered
82 Posts
Epic thread read all the pages , was hoping to see it finished at the end considering u started in 2010 :( shame it's not ready tbh massive joke I would want money back and go else where

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
dave if you were able (and willing) id love too see the set up in component form (a big ask, i know!) i have an image in my head of how id do mine, probably using 4 joints for strength, altho at £80 each pus vat i might stick to 3... also mine would only use astra 16v hubs/discs/calipers as i dont feel the extra expense of 2 pot alloy calipers is worth it for thre gains id get personally, so i wouldnt need to include caliper brackets on mine.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, may I proudly present to you, the long awaited.....

Engine for the Corsa S1600 rally car is finish and back in the workshop

Mapped and ready to fit, so watch out for 2 idiots in an Orange Corsa S1600 approaching rapidly in your rear view mirror very soon

221 - 240 of 246 Posts