Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm just in the progress of building a Corsa C Tarmac Rally Car with a mate - At the moment he runs an Astra GSI with a Bowyer Developments 260 ish engine and Quaife Dog box/ Proflex etc
The engine has since being rebuilt to a higher kitcar spec - with barrel throttle bodies !!!!

However - A six speed sequential dog box is on order from Holland (about 12 grand !!!!!)

This, with the engine out of the Astra will end up in the Corsa - Running Super1600 bodykit, but with fibreglass wings/bonnet/tailgate/doors

All in all is should be a lightweight flier !!!!

What I'm after is as much information/pictures on any Corsa C rallycars/Rallycross etc to assist in the build and possible problems/solutions we may come across

I've already been on the http://www.corsasuper1600.com/ website - but you require a password etc to gain access to the build details

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Dave France

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Ian - I should think Dave Burns can get it from the same company we were going to get the kit off - that company supply BAT with there parts I think !!!

However - we've managed to get an original Ray Mallock Corsa Super1600 complete kit - everything - bonnet vents x2, roof vent, rear spoiler, bumpers, wings etc

Quite a lot of stuff to do to the shell - even before we fit that !!!

Dave

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Building a Corsa C C20XE Rally Car (Updated 19/7/05 - with Pictures)

Right then - here's the update so far !!!

Bought a Corsa C shell with the intention of having a complete weld-in roll cage fitted and all the modified inner arches and suspension pickup points fitted - booked in with Harry Hockley to have that lot done at a cost of over 3 grand !!!!!

But then this ex-works bare shell came up for sale

Last used on the JWRC Rally Turkey 2003

Managed to get Carbon Fibre Doors Tailgate and Bonnet with the deal as well !!!! - Should be a real light weight flyer !!!!

The challenge now is to make it a rolling shell - ready for the engine transplant

Has anyone any info/contact details/pictures of any corsa C rally cars to help us on our way

We've already been in contact with Ray Mallock Ltd - who built the works cars - but has anyone any more contact

Contacts so far include Rob Palmer (Ran Kriss Meeke for Colin Mcrae) and Chris Birckbeck who also ran a works team - Harry Hockley and Walden Engineering - but as you can guess they want big money !!!

Help !!!!

Cheers Dave

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Fookin hell - bit of a project then!

246 brake form an n/a XE, and now it's even more powerful? ****ing brilliant that is - must sound mental...lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
I dont think there is anyone more jealous than myself at this moment after seeing that shell, how did you come across it? What championship are you looking at doing, BRC perhaps? :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
yup pssibly i am more jealous. I have just finished a corsa B build to semi kit spec but using a 1400 xe , but is it stil very clubmans!! That shell looks the buisness. there are a couple of corsa C's rallying in scotland at the mo one is a ray mallock car and the other is a new Walden car run for Barry clark . Both i think are built to 2003 super 1600 spec but the mallock one has a 20xe in . TBH you have listed all the motorsport company's that deal with the Corsa C you could try www.pro-tecperformance.co.uk or www.eurorallye.co.uk but these are still dealing in Nova/corsa B clubby parts.
Good luck with the build mate it all get's very expensive from there as i got told when i started building mine 'these things hemourage money during the shell build'

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
thats the nuts dave! was looking round a super 1600 at billing and trying not to drool(i failed!!) cant really help with the info you need, but tasty tasty shell you have there! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
novarallycar said:
yup pssibly i am more jealous. I have just finished a corsa B build to semi kit spec but using a 1400 xe , but is it stil very clubmans!! That shell looks the buisness. there are a couple of corsa C's rallying in scotland at the mo one is a ray mallock car and the other is a new Walden car run for Barry clark . Both i think are built to 2003 super 1600 spec but the mallock one has a 20xe in . TBH you have listed all the motorsport company's that deal with the Corsa C you could try www.pro-tecperformance.co.uk or www.eurorallye.co.uk but these are still dealing in Nova/corsa B clubby parts.
Good luck with the build mate it all get's very expensive from there as i got told when i started building mine 'these things hemourage money during the shell build'

Could do with keeping in touch with you matey, me and my old man have just completed 12 month long build on a corsa b shell.

Have you got any pics of your car! ;)

1 - 20 of 246 Posts