Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As im upping the power on my calibra (ph2) i also want to up the stopping power... but im not really sure what to go for in by budget and requirments. At the mo i have standard ph1 calibra turbo breaks, 284mm disks and the bigger hubs.

Options;

new aftermarket disks and pads 284mm, Groved/Drilled? Little hard to come by.

new aftermarket disks and pads 288mm with vectra hubs, Groved/Drilled? Would my calipers work with these? disk are easier to come by and cheeper i think...

new vauxhall disks and pads 308mm with vectra hubs and caliper spacer bracket. would my calipers work with these?

What do people think?

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, looking at the hub option, just read the how-to on modding them and thats easy enough.

so i im looking at either 288 or 308 disks with the spacer bracket. How much benifit is going for groved disks?

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
288 and 308 use the same calliper, just for the 308 the calliper is spaced out further, would make sense just to get 308s and be done with it.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i think 288/308 calipers would be a good call, just looking round for a good deal at the mo.....

·
East Midlands Regional Coordinator
40,980 Posts
Add, before my rebuild I had some decent grooved/drilled 288's with greenstuff pads and they were only just adequate on phase 2. If you like to drive fast I'd suggest 308's as a minimum, if not possibly some used 4-pots like I bought.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yer i idealy want 308's, groved, with v6 calipers and some good pads. Just trying to find a good deal at tho mo...

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
Norm GSI on here does a good price, he gets Vauxhall staff discount.

He's got glandular fever at the moment, so he may be off work for some time.

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
i have 308's and single pot calipers they ok

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Adam, you got new calipers didnt you? are they for the 288 (v6) set up?

if so, how much and where from?

Rik, yep LMF is looking best :beer:

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts