Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to get hold of some V6 calipers (off a vectra) which was running 288mm disks, now would it be ok to run 284mm (4-stud) disks or would it cause problems with the disk been slightly smaller???

Also is a break bias valve really necessary when running rear disks on a nova (astra 16v disks & calipers)??

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
There's only 2mm in it, would it cause that much of an issue??
The brake bia thing isn't really need so I understand, on the side of the servo there is two hexagonal things, with number stamped on, the smaller the second number the more bias forward.
something like 3/30 is about right.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
The most restrictive bias valves on Novas are labelled 3/27. They are found on saloons.
Do you plan on using the 284mm discs on the Nova? If you do, then it's possible that you will get away without having to use an adjustable bias valve, if you are running bigger discs on the front than the rear. If you plan on using a full Astra GTE16v disc setup, then a bias valve would be a wise idea, as the back end will lock up just about as soon as you look at the pedal.

Cheers,
Kieran

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
BriSXi said:
I managed to get hold of some V6 calipers (off a vectra) which was running 288mm disks, now would it be ok to run 284mm (4-stud) disks or would it cause problems with the disk been slightly smaller???

Also is a break bias valve really necessary when running rear disks on a nova (astra 16v disks & calipers)??
No it shoud be no problem as I have done this on my Calibra with Turbo calipers, some years they were 284 others it was 288. Just get the correct brake pads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts