Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just fit some new discs to my corsa B they are drilled and grooved. Now when ever i brake from over 30mph i get a fast clicking noise coming from the nearside wheel. You cant hear anything when going slower than 30mph. Also when just cruising and backing off the accelertor theres a strange whirling noise comming from somwhere aswell. Any ideas?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
about 50% yea, i will be changing then on monday. i dont understand the whirling noise tho

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the clicking is under light braking, not sure bout heavy, but only happens when going faster than about 30mph

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dogeh said:
Hi all, just fit some new discs to my corsa B they are drilled and grooved. Now when ever i brake from over 30mph i get a fast clicking noise coming from the nearside wheel. You cant hear anything when going slower than 30mph. Also when just cruising and backing off the accelertor theres a strange whirling noise comming from somwhere aswell. Any ideas?
I had the same problem on my Astra a while ago. It was caused by a metal clip on the pads coming into contact with the grooves on the disc. it only happens when they get down below 50%(ish) and also accounts for your whirring noise when cruising I'm afraid. Fit non-standard pads like Mintex or Tarox as these seem to work better than standard pads with grooved discs. Mine has stopped doing it now that I have taken these steps.

Hope this helps mate :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers mate:beer: , im fitting new pads on monday so i hope it cures it. any more ideas would be grealty appreciated.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Only tip I can give when you have fitted the new pads is keep an eye on the discs for a week or two to make sure they are wearing evenly. Your old pads (with that stupid clip) may have caused slight damage to the disc surface :( .
It's nothing to worry about really but my mate had a problem with his and buggered up a set of pads and discs!! Not good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts