Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I've just had a play with a Porsche Boxter S... Gutting thing is I lost by only INCHES :mad: Wish I could stop wheelspin... lol

Anybody any idea what those things are like for power etc?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thats not too bad is it! Cheers DanDare...

I'm going to get him again in that case lol, wait til we get on a long enough road :D:D:D

Or.. I could wait til I'm phase 2, that should see him off ;)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I used to have a boxster but not the S version.
Not a huge amount of power but the car handles like it is on rails and the brakes... well lets just say on the twisties not much is going to keep up with it.
I test drove the new S a few weeks ago and it was much better as the power is up plus it gets even better brakes.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He didn't get away from me on the roundabouts mind... But mine isnt standard handling I suppose.. He didn't look like the best driver either.... But It sure was nice! Even if it was daddies car ;):D:p

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
i raced one in my 16v nova... the guy driving was a bit ****ed when a 1.2i nova was sat next to him at 145mph lmao..... luckily he didn't go any quicker cause i was flat out (but he didn't know that lmao)

·
Registered
820 Posts
NeilD said:
He didn't get away from me on the roundabouts mind
I think you'll find most Boxster owners/drivers are in it for the prestige rather than being able to drive them properly. In a straight line, a monkey can make one go fast (well relatively), but as soon as most Boxster owners see a bend they panic a bit !!

SOOTY

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Ive never come up against the supercharged boxter but ive laid a few of the non superchrged ones to rest in the nova, the nova starts puling away at bout 50-60 mph... would have thought that a let astra would wave good bye to any boxter S:D

·
Registered
15,614 Posts
Sooty said:
I think you'll find most Boxster owners/drivers are in it for the prestige rather than being able to drive them properly. In a straight line, a monkey can make one go fast (well relatively), but as soon as most Boxster owners see a bend they panic a bit !!

SOOTY

Think your being a little unfair there.

They handle very very well and you can feel that through the feedback. I don't think many owners will be panicing too much when it comes to bends.

And as for prestige. They are basically a driving/handling machine. You don't get many thrills or extra's with them.

What supercharged boxter :confused:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Well done john for putting sooty right.
Just thought i would mention that up here the local porsche dealer sends you to knockhill for some advance tution i think i'm a good driver better than average but i went and learned a lot.
The porsche has superb balance and although straight line speed isnt what it could be the twisties are where the fun is to be had.
p.s. porsche don't make a supercharged boxster but if they did they wouldnt sell any 911 996's.

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
NeilD said:
He didn't get away from me on the roundabouts mind... But mine isnt standard handling I suppose...
The handling of any Astra does not even fall on the same page as that of a Boxster, at no point can a win in the handling stakes be put down to anything other than the Boxster owner being asleep.

Andy K said:
Think your being a little unfair there.

They handle very very well and you can feel that through the feedback. I don't think many owners will be panicing too much when it comes to bends.

And as for prestige. They are basically a driving/handling machine. You don't get many thrills or extra's with them.

What supercharged boxter :confused:
They do handle well and I can't fault anything you've written here but I didn't think you were into that? Owning the two cars you do neither are really anything like the Boxster in handling characteristics.

Have I/we got you all wrong Andy ;)

And yeah, Supercharged Boxster? The 'S' isn't Supercharged.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Cemesis said:
The handling of any Astra does not even fall on the same page as that of a Boxster, at no point can a win in the handling stakes be put down to anything other than the Boxster owner being asleep.
Astra 4S or Kadett E Rallye 4 x 4 :D :D ;)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cemesis do you ever have anything fcuking positive to say?

To be honest, I know it handles better... I'm saying what happened.. do you doubt me?

But, I won't be able to read your replies for a week.. I'm in blackpool with no computer :D Bye!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts