Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
DanDare said:
Yep. This is it:

And yes, it's a 'properly' converted model (hence how that pic was taken).

do you mean its been made into a right hand drive? thats a shame if it has, cos you cant get the same ratio steering rack in right hand drive, you have to use a slower one from the fiat parts bin, and it dulls the handling a little,
not knocking it btw, nice motor my mate has an evoII and its great, not as fragile as many people make out either

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, when i said 'converted', i meant it's been 'made into' right hand drive. :rolleyes:
I've never heard about the steering ratio's being any different though, interesting.
I agree regarding build quality. This thing feels as solid as most german cars to drive, no rattles or squeaks etc (maybe it's the only one which doesn't) :D
I think they're better mechanically than bodily though. Very poor grade steel was used.

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
yup, the chassis actually crack cos of the strain aswell, around the windscreen pillar is another favourite for cracks, agree about the steel work, some of the early ones are a bit flimsy, they kinda sorted it on the late ones
lovely cars though, really nice handling balance, and not exactly slow in a straight line either, drove my mates quite alot now, and i'm impressed to say the least, much rather have one of those than a scooby, thats for sure

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Andy K said:
You may or may not want to see this.

thats a lovely colour for a grale, lord blue, very nice! apparently the final edition is the one to have though, that or a holzer

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
yah, yellow is nice, beleive it or not there actually three different types of yellow on a grale, fly, giallo and ferrari, bloody italians!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts