Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with either my alarm or central locking.

The Boot will lock and unlock using the key and it will also lock and unlock the doors Via the Boot Lock.

However when i arm or disarm the alarm only the doors are locked/un locked.

I is going to be something simple but i wannot figure it out, as the boot locks the doors so it cannt be faulty wiring. as the wires are linked.

The only possibility i can figure is a Dead Boot Motor.
I am not 100% certain how the locks are activated i think that when the key is turned it pushes and pills the rod in the central locking motor. If this is the case then the wiring to and from the Motor are 100% in tact and working.

Confirming that the Boot Motor is Dead.

Can anyone confirm my Theory?

Cheers.

·
Registered
609 Posts
prob the best thing to do is borrow one off someone or scrap yard,they are only held in by 2 bolt type screws.leave yours in place but disconnect the wire off it and connect new one to see if it is working.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Derek,there is one on the red cav up the field,helpyourself if you want it.The n/s rear door is unlocked or if you need it I've got the key.

tony

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
before you go spending any money check the wiring that goes into the bootlid by then hinge in the boot

if this has worn thru as they do then it will disconenect the locking motor by wearing thru the wires

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tom Williams said:
before you go spending any money check the wiring that goes into the bootlid by then hinge in the boot

if this has worn thru as they do then it will disconenect the locking motor by wearing thru the wires
Hi Tom,
I will have a look at the wiring tomorrow when it is light. Thanks

lee may said:
Isnt there also 2 locked positions?

1: Allways locked

2: Only unlocked by the central locking

Hi Lee,
I think their is two positions but it makes no difference where i turn the lock.

Thanks

Dom said:
Yeah - my missus can never work that one out on ours ;)

P.s. Matrix/Tony - do you ever go to Chulmleigh by any chance ? ;)
Not sure wher this is going lol.

I have been their a couple of times once for a Party 12 Years ago and once a couple of Years ago for a Banger Race.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol, Imajine her face if we went in and Said Oh By the Way DOM Says Hi :eek:

Chumleigh is a very small Place so it would be easy to find. I would assume it is the Only hairdressers their too.

Dom said:
I've got an ex who runs a hairdressers there - Class Cutz - you could have suprised her ;)

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
If you get to bottom of this. Please let me know. My cally does this intermittently too.

Unfortunately as the boot lock has been changed the only way in is via the Central Locking or me climbing through rear seats to do it manually.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
central locking unit behind the glovebox with loads of fuses on it

suggest checking them, then if that dont work pay £££3's from vaux to get a new unit and test it

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, I Have solved my Problem. Thanks to Tom Williams.

It Apears the black wire with the Red Trace had chaffed through and broke completely and all the other wires had chaffed and were bare, lucky not to short out.

I have repaired all the wires and it works Perfect Now.

Thanks Tom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.