Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hullo...

Wanting more cold are...

Not really interested in being "original", just after something really functional...

I'm guessing the most popular for functionality is the 'Scooby Scoop' and the 'Mountray' (jamie f stylie)...

Was thinking of cutting into my original bonnet... pushing it up (proud of the bonnet), and welding the sides up...

Any opinions welcome :)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You got a scooby vent then?

Was looking at those benn, but upon rainy days - i didnt want water piddling into my plugs...

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want something that 'grabs' the air if you get me, rather than just hoping that it goes in...

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gary - not sure whats with the repeating the text text text text text

But how much would you for it?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is that the actual metal been lifted?

one of those would be ace in the middle just above the back of the rocker cover...

like the original starlets...

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
its 2 pieces of a bonnet skin welded onto the origional bonnet, then cut out from the inside. wanted to keep some of the origional bonnet inside the vents so i could waterproof the welds and prevent water dripping into the engine bay

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
You can always band some spaces on the hinges to lift the back up,letting hot air out more than cool in though. An open front grill would be nice to help through flow. Or how about twin headlamps with 1 lamp each side used as cold air ports??

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Twin headlamps would be a rather expensive way of doing it I reckon.

Already ordered some spacers for the hinges :) 1.5" ones...

Altho the Nova has the stupid 'fire wall' which mine make it pointless lmao

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
cut away the bulkhead panel at the top of the bay

the vents in the scuttle panel are in a low pressure area with the windscreen so air goes in thru the vent and this will greatly help the cooling

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would I have to relocate the battery by doing this? and the wiper motor?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts