Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i fitted blue leds and a new dash this evening.

I changed to a dash with a rev counter in case your wondering.

Anyways i have 2 problems:

1. As in the photographs there is one area and only one area that looks very dim and doesn;t light up properly. In the photographs is look like it does but it doesn;t really, look at the surrounding areas for reference!

2 i hear a slight clicking noice from behind the dash, everyting is secure and nothing is loose. Could this just have been a problem with the new dash i got or could it be that i didn;t put the speedo or something back in fully (everything works!)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops just realised that the server that the pics are hosted on is down until tomorrow.

The dark area is around the temp guage and the temp guage needle

i should also state that i took off the cover and checked that all the 4 leds that i replaced are working fine

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
The ticking noise is the spindle for the speedo or the odometer not turning, give it a tap with summat.

As for the kights I cant see the pics so no idea yet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the pics should work now, different servers

give what a tap exactly, the speedo is moving

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
These are some of Evils LEDs.

They aren't as bright as they look, camera iris!!, but pretty even.

L

·
0 Posts
You always get a slightly less bright area there due to the led being so far away from that area.

That area is the longest light guid from the source of the light.

If you look at the standard dash its the same but not as noticabe due to the colour

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
g_land said:
it doesn't seem to be as bad on this dash!

That one the 150 and 160 are noticably brighter than the rest cos the LED is right behind there.

The top of the clocks, and the rev counter are duller due to the light guides as mentioned.

I fitted 4 extra LEDs into the back of the clock set, around the speedo, to get a better fill.

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
hmm mine had problems at first with a bit of the blue not being as bright sozzz i took the speedo out and fiddles with the led that was dimmer..and on turning it again it works fine now.

:) there is a way of turning em in a 1/4 turn or sumthing..make sure u turn em the right way and the right amount of turn too :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers adam - i'll try that

folks - anything more on how to solve the clicking noise from the speedo

G

·
Premium Member
16,006 Posts
Make sure the speedo cable is correctly fitted. I dont mean to sound like i'm taking the pee, as i'm not, but if the cable hasn't clicked into position correctly it'll click(excuse the pun). Trust me i've been there on more than one occasion with mine:mad: Thats presuming of coure, the Astra set up is the same as the Cav one:eek:

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
TINTIN said:
Thats presuming of coure, the Astra set up is the same as the Cav one:eek:
Yes identical.May be worth trying to pull the speedo cable back into the engine area a bit,so its pulled straighter,going into the speedo.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LEE69 said:
Yes identical.May be worth trying to pull the speedo cable back into the engine area a bit,so its pulled straighter,going into the speedo.
that worked and it didn;t mean stripping the dash apart again!!!

cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
My new led dials have the same problem as you g_land. I can't get nemore light to that one. Try all kinds. Its a shame, coz that would just finish the look off :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i'm going to strip the dash out again over the weekend and see if i can distribute the light any better

if not i'm going to wire in a few "extra" blue leds where i think it needs them, if it works i'll let you know how i did it!!

G

1 - 17 of 17 Posts