1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking into some secondhand bilstein shocks / springs

they do 2 kits - streetline amd sprintline
the street are standard spec shocks and the sprint are uprated

what i want to know is what colour are each kit , as i recall somewhere the shock is a different colour on the uprated jobbies

any gen??

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Street line have black shocks and red springs, I have a street line kit on my Opel and its great. The shocks are uprated just not as much as the yellow Sprint line ones (which IIRC have blue springs).

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I got my bilsteins from Courtenay and they've got yellow shocks.
Courtenay sang their praises which was good enuf 4 me.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I was looking into getting a streetline kit too, but I heard that the springs that come with them are not that great and can break:confused: terra springs i think

what do you guys recon?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
yeah i was impressed by the handling of your car, seemed good. just wondering on the lifespan of the springs:rolleyes:

tbh i will probably get the streetline kit too.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Phil349 said:
I was looking into getting a streetline kit too, but I heard that the springs that come with them are not that great and can break:confused: terra springs i think

what do you guys recon?
I've got the Streetline kit, The springs that come with them are complete ****.

When the car was sat, the springs were just about completely compressed.

The car felt like it had no suspension, going over the slightest bump felt like the shock was going to appear through the bonnet.

I've got standard springs on now, with the Bilstein shocks.
It handles better than standard shocks, and im just trying to work out which springs to replace them with at the moment.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well what do you reckon a second hand set of SPRINTLINE (yellow) ones are worth secondhand? springs/shocks

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
about £200 for the full kit 2nd hand i would say - as long as they are in good nick ;) :)

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
just to really confuse you all when i got my bilstein kit a year and a bit ago it was yellow shocks with red springs lol. and was £300 fitted so can't have really been the Sprintline kit.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
grr throw the spanner in the works then :)

all i know is they are yellow
should be able to get them at £100 so sounds like a good deal

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Go for koni's.
It is adjustable and you can repair easy.
Yesterday i had order the koni yellow sport shocks from koni greek distributor but with the shorter travel from the ussually koni sports,espesially only for the lowering cars.. It is like the shocks of bilstein sprintline kit. they have 50mm rebound on the front, and 20mm rebound for the rears.
But is full adjustable and repairable when it is neccessary.
I think the most important is to handles good in the road the car and then the all others.:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Billy shockers in the Sprintline kit are good - those Terra springs they come with are absolute ****e. I had them fitted and both cracked within 18 months of purchase. I've now got Eibach springs witht the Billy shocks - the handling is much better as is the comfort.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts