Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any cheaper alternatives to billy b heads as i really need a bit more grunt but £450 or whatever it costs for a b+ is more than i can justify spending at the moment.

ive heard of vuaxspeed?? velos??? any one had experiance of these.

·
Registered
10,648 Posts
and what sort of region are you looking for the various heads
(was honestly gonna ask this question today too)

its it the same for all 8v/16v or more for 16v?

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
velos will be good but not sure on costs.

TBH you pays your money etc.

You can prob get cheaper head mods but tbh your best of paying a bit extra and getting a blydenstein or Velos one.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hear what your saying, but i simply dont have that kind of money to throw at a 10 year old car.......i wish i did, so i need to find a compromise as i still want to be able to tune it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Try a few of the rally and motorsport used parts web sites for 2nd hand bits. If you cant justify the money for the blydenstein "b+" head or Velos head then dont bother with a lesser spec head as its not worth the outlay for an "a" spec head. As they say you get what you pay for. Try and get second hand one, as motorsport 2nd hand prices are very reasonable because they dont come with max poo uprated prices.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great ill give em a try , do you know any sites ??

ravi, that was a 1.8e head i think which would need inlet manifold etc etc.

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
The 1.8 head is better than the 2.0 head anyway.
I have a head sitting on the 2nd engine in my personal scrapyard that is apparently a Wallace Performance head. I might be willing to sell it, depends on whether I want it for my second engine or not.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im very interested , if you find any info on it i would appreciate it
what sort of ££££ are you thinking off any way??, i have been toying with the idea of getting a spare head and doing a diy job but machining new valves in is a bit beyond my expertise.

as for the 18e head and inlet , iknow they are better due to twin flap throttle inlet and larger ports on the head, but there are some details i cant remember at this stage that make it a bit more tricky to use.

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
I took a look at the head tonight. I could find no evidence of modification whatsoever. So it looks like someone had an imaginary modified head on their engine.

·
91,273 Posts
You can do some of the work yourself to get the cost down, polishing a head is pretty easy. There isn't any point 'IMO' porting your head as you need a decent flow bench!

What about V-Tuning?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.