Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....just raced a bike.

Put a new manifold on yesterday and managed to destroy my lamda sensor in the process.

Car was **** (as expected) without one in so a trip to the local motorfactors this morning and £45 later I had a replacement.

put it on, yada yada, Air-fuel gauge looking alot more healthy now and away we go for a play on the dry roads.

Since putting the strut brace on this has been the first time that the roads round here have been dry and grit free so I was dying to do some research driving.

came onto roundabout, flew round it, tyres scrabbling for grip coming off it in 2nd. into 3rd (with a reassuring pop of the exhaust :D)...nearly took the back end of a mondeo cos it came up so fast lmao

Went round it, down a long long 60 road over hill and then stopped at a big roundabout.

Few cars going round so I pick my moment to go, as i set off as fast as I can onto it I catch a glimpse of something behind me ; a bike.

I fly round the roundabout, pulling about 65, 70 coming off it(just into 3rd gear) and see the bike a distance behind, oh well :rolleyes:

Afew slow moving cars coming off this exit so i pull out to overtake
, pull in and notice the bike behind me :) wahey i think...

long sweeping left hander up a hill now, im right at the top end of 3rd, just about to go into 4th. Bike is close behind me but hard hard over on the corner. Into 4th (again another pop :D) and round another car, the bike follows.

Onto the straight now, bike dropped afew car lengths back. Im at the top end of 4th doing about 110, ish. Into 5th... look in my mirror. ooooh, bike is coming lmao

Neeeeeeeeooooooommmmmmm as he storms past me. Me almost shaking with adrenalin lmao

He slows, I slow. and put my arm out of the window, thumb raised. He raises his hand, waves, onto the back wheel, onto the motorway.

me :D:D all round. almost love my car after that ;)

Dont know what BIke it was (and Im quite good on bike usually aswell)

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
sounds class, but its funnier when you keep up with them and then pass @ 140 odd spoons when they are wobbeling a bit cos its windy :D lmao

here dave you might be able to help me, whats the length of the wire on the lambda and what connector does it have at the end?

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lambda I got from motorfactors has about 10cm on each wire - you're meant to add it to the plug on your existing lamdda and cut the old one off.

If you purchase one from autovaux wire is about erm.... 90cm, 1m maybe?

Plug is like...erm... 3pin thing with a clip on one side.

hows that for ya buddy? :)

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
It's about time you started enjoying your Gsi, and about time it started running right. Glad it's getting sorted mate - and glad you now appreciate it;)

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
)...nearly took the back end of a mondeo cos it came up so fast
:rolleyes: best you leave it to the big boys mate...unless you wanna learn how to look ahead whilst wanting to go at such speeds...gimme a bell if you short for cash, I'll give you discount :eek: 01656 652222 :beer:

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adam, in the words of Tim from 'the office'

"you're a cock you're a cock"

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
cheers dave for the pic, thats what i expected, yet my mbe has a round 4 pin (2male, 2 female) sureseal connector and no way is it long enough to connect to the lambda :confused:
suppose all i need is a correspondingly wired sureseal plug with loadsa wire on it then splice it in.

in fact i think its the bottom connection in this loom pic

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
:eek: and u being the hen..best u fly away b4 u get stuffed matey :)

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
16vastra said:
cheers dave for the pic, thats what i expected, yet my mbe has a round 4 pin (2male, 2 female) sureseal connector and no way is it long enough to connect to the lambda :confused:
suppose all i need is a correspondingly wired sureseal plug with loadsa wire on it then splice it in.

in fact i think its the bottom connection in this loom pic
hmmm, dunno?

You can get 4pin, not sure what those ones look like though?

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
same but heated. sbd say you can plug in the standard bosch 0258 003 017 sensor (but its only good for setting mixture at idle lmao)
too late now really, mot is next week :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
i was just gonna get a sensor to plug in an AFR meter really. you could also help me with that dave ;) i assume you just bang 1 wire into the sensor wiring (same colour if the bod who made the meter has more than 1 brain cell) and then 12v & earth.
looking at the same meter as you dave, was waiting for someone to fit one first so i knew the standard sensor was accurate wrt the meter.

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Meter has 4 wires:

Positive
Earth
Sidelights (so backlight comes on with lights obviously)
And signal wire

Signal wire from the lambda is the black un.

Meter is very nice, and accurate :) Told me straight away yesterday that my lamdba was foobar lmao

1 - 15 of 15 Posts