Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was out for a run this evening. Caught a little baby bunny wabbit with the nearside front wheel.

Several miles later at about 90ph there was a horrendous whirring noise, the car lurched to the left, I steered right, there was a MASSIVE bang and then the car straightened out. It seems the wabbit knocked loose the wheel-arch liner which later rubbed on the wheel and was torn to pieces. Its too dark to assess the damage (I have 3 torches but no batteries wtf? )

ah well

note - not the actual bunny involved, purely for illustration purposes.....

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
pmsl at the rabbit pic lol. Unlucky about the liner, happened on a mates pug, but he went back and found it lol.

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
David Dickson said:
note - not the actual bunny involved, purely for illustration purposes.....
Lol
Its going to look pretty suspicious tomorrow with your wheel arch covered in blood. lmao
Good job it ain't a pic of the victim of the accident, that would of been messy :(

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Good job it wasn`t Doms rabbit,it would have hung on to the car,climbed in and attacked you :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Administrator
61,453 Posts
glad it wasnt some bigger,that could have been worse,
and the pic....
now thats a "killed list"... lmao

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
meh, just had a quick peek. half the arch liner is still there, the rest is AWOL. The bits that are left are flapping about rubbing on the tyre when turning right.

Also, I mounted all the secondary air injection bits behind the liner there when I did the engine swap, and this incident has broken my custom mounting bracket (cable ties) so its all flapping in the breeze too.

ah well. I will head out to the workshop and get it sorted later.

Also, seeing as it looks unlikely to be sold by next weekend, I need to make another +30bhp decat pipe for the rolling-road day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts