Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Battery Light Flickering

751 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  xxiphxx 
#1 ·
my speedo stopped working one day so checked fuses one had blown so changed it nothing happened so when to vauxhall got a speedo sensor put it on and started working so went for a drive and about 40 miles after setting off the battery light starts to flicker on and off then stays dim so pulled over and checked battery with multimeter so see if alernator was charging i got a reading of 12.70 so put it down to duff alernator so set off back and car started going really dim all the lights on the dash etc then came back to life and everything started working again then it went dim again and car cut out so got a tow home then the next day i replaced the alernator and turned the car over all was fine for about 30seconds and the light started flickering again so turned car off then noticed if you just turned the ignition on the oil light etc would come on but the battery light would be flickering still but the car wasnt runing. anyway im totally confused :confused: sorry about the long windedness and help apperishiated
its a 98 tigra 1.4

#6 ·
spent the hole of 4 hours stripping the engine down and checking the electrics all the earths look fine so put wires back on alternator loosely and battery light was on properly when u switched ignition on so though ok sorted put car back to gether and started car then the battery light started flickering again then the light went dim again when the ignition was on cant understand where the problem is???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.