Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all id like to say a massive thank you for all members that turned up for the even on saturday, without you it wouldnt of been possible and nice one for making the effort :) Also big thank you to Awesome GTI for hosting the event and Total Vauxhall for sending Alisdair for shooting the cars :)

Figures (at the flywheel) - Please let me know if i am incorrect & ill amend the list.

Non Vaux -

Dans Seat Cupra R - 263bhp
Zoe (182 clio cup) - 179bhp
James Cole (Seat Cupra R) - 223bhp
Wayne (Metro GTA) - 65bhp ???
Waynes Dad (Metro with vvc engine) - 159bhp???
Gaz (Fiesta Zetec s) - ???

Vauxhalls -

1. Lee Reid (Astra mk4 888 with LEH engine) - 395bhp
  2. Tom Foat (Astra Mk3 ph2 GSI with LET engine) - 303bhp
  3. Dom Cheeseman (Astra mk5 Nurburgring) - 285bhp
  4. Paul Gaskell (Astra mk4 SXI with Zlet engine) - 278bhp
  5. Nigel Pumford (Astra mk3 with Saab Turbo engine) - 274bhp
  6. Peter Long (Astra mk5 VXR) - 267bhp
  7. Dave Broomfield (Astra mk4 Van with Zlet engine) - 216bhp
  8. Andy Tierney (Astra mk4 GSI) - 206bhp
  9. Vickky Fraser (Astra mk3 GLS with C18XE engine) - 143bhp
  10. Jame Dunne (Corsa C 1.8 SRI) - 136bhp
  11. Alex Jennings (Corsa B 1.6 16v with powerbox) - 121bhp
  12. Stephen Bossons (Astra mk3 ph2 GSI X20XEV) - 112bhp (in limp home mode)
  13. Andrew Cotton (Astra mk3 1.6 8v) - 80bhp.
  14. Paul Hounslow (Cavalier V6 Auto) - n/a

As you can see from the figures there alot of different varied engines and tuning scales there that day and i hope everyone is happy with there out come :)

Biggest surprise for me was Alex Jennings Corsa with powerbox as the graph is so smooth its un real and he made about 11bhp just off the power box alone!!

Unfortunately i didnt get many pics at all so please feel free to add them here :)

Awesome GTI are updating there website soon so will place the videos / pictures up then, im also awaiting a reply from the TV photographer regards the photos he took.

Fingers crossed we will be in TV in a few months - keep them eyes peeled ;)

Again Many thanks to all who made the effort to come to the day, roll on the next meet :nod:

Kev

p.s photographers website is - Car Truck Automotive Photographer - Alisdair Cusick

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Just like to say thanks to Kev g and astra nige for sorting it all out, This was actually my first ever rolling road ive been on and will definantly come along to the next group one too.

And my cars actually 17bhp up on standard with just the powerbox :p, which i will be taking orders on in a few weeks, cough cough shamless plug cough cough. Everything else is standard apart from a k+n filter.

I will try and post up a pic of my graph later as im well chuffed how smooth the power curve is considering its not even been remapped to suit its new mod.

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just like to say thanks to Kev g and astra nige for sorting it all out, This was actually my first ever rolling road ive been on and will definantly come along to the next group one too.

And my cars actually 17bhp up on standard with just the powerbox :p, which i will be taking orders on in a few weeks, cough cough shamless plug cough cough. Everything else is standard apart from a k+n filter.

I will try and post up a pic of my graph later as im well chuffed how smooth the power curve is considering its not even been remapped to suit its new mod.
These inlets are awesome, just hope your making them when i eventually have the funds to get one lmao

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
well was a ace day as kev said with a bit of a early start, i only managed to take a few photos as was chatting and catching up with everyone, so the few pics i have taken

Stephen Bossons (Astra mk3 ph2 GSI X20XEV) - 112bhp (in limp home mode)

Andrew Cotton (Astra mk3 1.6 8v) - 80bhp

Vickky Fraser (Astra mk3 GLS with C18XE engine) - 143bhp

Tom Foat (Astra Mk3 ph2 GSI with LET engine) - 303bhp

Nigel Pumford (Astra mk3 with Saab Turbo engine) - 274bhp and 315ft lbs

my graph for mine

ive got some videos of mine and will add up at a later date

the other pics i took
waynes dads metro(so many people really loved this)

seat race car in the workshop

gearbox swap on a s8 (no thanks, you have to take the engine out)

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
912 Posts

Yours was the silver corsa 1.6 16v? that did very well :)

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here are my pictures -

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Heres my bhp at the fly graph, dont have a scanner so had to just take a pic on my camera :(

smoooooth as silk :cool:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Dave will be interesting to see what was causing your 'hiccup' at about 3000rpm

Yes Figz_spi that was my silver corsa.

here is some of my pics of the day

Man hit by stationary car

Erm these been a mistake,there seems to be a saab engine in here

And here is my little corsa beast lmao

Whats that piece of ****ty box section doing where your inlet manifold shound be lmao

look how close my front tyres are to the floor!!! it actually fell of the rollers when he finshed:doh: too much power me thinks :rolleyes:

the exhaust on this astra sounded absolutly perfect :cool:

Those wheels look stunning on your van dave :beer:

everyones favourite metro

astra resonsible for over 400 lbft of tourque :eek:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Great pics everyone :cool:

Was a good day out and was nice to see a good turn out, thanks again to Kev and Nige for organising the day :beer:

I never expected mine to make the figures it did, so was quite shocked when 303 bhp and 329 torques appeared on the screen lmao

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
some pics from Mk3oc

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
16,006 Posts
Seriously though, what do your wheel bearings have to do with the rolling road? I bet your still driving the car any way?

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seriously though, what do your wheel bearings have to do with the rolling road? I bet your still driving the car any way?
i drove it to the RR and back other wise its sat at home as i get a lift to work ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts