Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Which of these pair ot tyres are an all-rounder for milage/performance and wear?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

ZZ3 215/40 R17 83Y Summer tyres

Test results -
Reifentest.com (english)
Speed Y: the speed capability of this tires is up to 186 mph/300 km/h !
We only supply the tire. If there is a rim shown on the picture, it is just to symbolize.

When you're driving your high performance car to extremes, you need a tyre that excels when pushed to the limit, that tyre is the Avon ZZ3.
With its aggressive-looking directional tread pattern, silica-enriched rubber compound for supreme wet weather grip, and confidence-inspiring handling characteristics, you can rely on the ZZ3 to take whatever you throw at it.

Toyo Proxes T1-S

ok this is the Toyo T1-R type but very similiar to the

·
Registered
675 Posts
Adam said:

ZZ3 215/40 R17 83Y Summer tyres

Test results -
Reifentest.com (english)
Speed Y: the speed capability of this tires is up to 186 mph/300 km/h !
We only supply the tire. If there is a rim shown on the picture, it is just to symbolize.

When you're driving your high performance car to extremes, you need a tyre that excels when pushed to the limit, that tyre is the Avon ZZ3.
With its aggressive-looking directional tread pattern, silica-enriched rubber compound for supreme wet weather grip, and confidence-inspiring handling characteristics, you can rely on the ZZ3 to take whatever you throw at it.

Toyo Proxes T1-S

ok this is the Toyo T1-R type but very similiar to the
Fixed the Toyo piccy (And I think that's the S and not the R - well I think that's what it says on the sidewall anyway!)

Jules

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
i've got the Avon's on the front of the Astra. Don't rate them at all.

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
I had Avon ZV3's on my old wheels. I rate them very highly. They still had life in them after 8k miles and 2 all day track sessions at Donnington park. They grip very well too and the treas pattern looks nuts if thats your thing.

Ive got Toyo's on the car now and while they grip far better, really they are incredible - BUT they just aint lasting at all so I will be back with the Avons when these wear out.

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm well i drive like 600+ a week on work days :( so dunno what to do here :eek:

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah they will hold out on 600 a week lmao

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
excuse me u tart but kindly sleep ur hairy arse else where

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Had Avon ZZ3's on my Vec last year and loved them, I will get another set but when it came time to change I had bigger wheels (went from 16" SRi alloys to 17" GSi ones) and couldn't afford them. So bought some Federals cheap on ebay. But I will go back to the Avons at some point.

·
Registered
559 Posts
What about Bridgestone Potenza RE720? They're a good gripping tyre and they last well, and quite well priced. I've still 5mm tread after 5000 miles which is good as the Pirelli P6000s only lasted 5500 miles until they were bald. :)

·
Registered
19,530 Posts
I've always liked the look of those R888's. Are they worth it? I don't drive like a loon, I don't wheelspin, I just think they look good. How much are they BTW?

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
Adam if your doing 600 miles a week this is a bit of a no brainer. You'll be buying the Toyos all the time, they arent high mileage tyres!

Teh toyos grip better than the Avons, theres no doubt there but the Avons have an incredible lifespan, for me that gives them the advantage. But it depends on your pocket I expect!

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmmmm lets see..... :rolleyes: nope sorry oddnads ur wrong there i just need to oh pshh off why should i tell U by business! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts