Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i am in need of some expert advice, i have bought an astravan mk2 however i need an auto to drive. what is my best option for a gearbox particular models etc

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
918 Posts
Might be worth looking at electric clutch conversions? I used to work for the Disabled Motorists Federation, and they had 2 shows a year of all types of cars/car mods. I have to have an auto, and one of the conversions I saw was a mk2 Astravan with no clutch pedal (hacksawed off), and a push button on the gearlever.

IIRC the mod kit was about a grand at the time, and could be transferred to any car. I'd look at one in the future, unless semi-auto comes into fashion for "basic" cars in the range.

On the 20 mile test drive, I can honestly say that Astravan went like stink..;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had considered that however i drive with cursed "Hand Controls" so unfortunatly no hands free for gear changing

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TBH i don't i'm uber new to vauxhall scene had volkswagens before got chance of an L reg cav auto 1994 though i think this maybe to modern to fit in the van

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
nah mate same. think u can swap an change most of the boxes. do u no what engine the cav has? mre then likely be the f16 box

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
yeah it will go on. but ule have to change mre then just the box. is ure astra van an auto now? u cud just stick the 1.8 engine in wont hurt ure insurance much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts