Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im planning to buy the above and i know they are interchangable between f16, f18,and f20 gear boxes. do they also fit the f28? reason i ask is coz im running an f20 at the moment, and i wondered if i change to an f28 the diff will still fit! any one know about these! are these ok for standing quarters, how do they actually differ to an LSD

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
i think they do fit mate. as long as the box is running 2wd its the same one. if its running 4wd then its a different diff. they are better for for standing starts as both wheels are locked driven so it takes more effort to spin the both wheels than it does one.

there some pish about preload on the diff but i dont know much about that. do a search for preload and f28 atb and maybe thatll turn somethin up.

rodgerq

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
havnt got one yet but looking to buy one! i want it before ultimate street car in august (santa pod) the car is 300 brake now and im getting aquamist and an atb diff. ive also got abigger intercooler to fit aswell! should be looking at low 13s shouldt i?

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
andy b i belive his name is ran a 13.8 on a std engine with just an atb, so with 300bhp you should be getting low 13's indeed. good luck there captian, let us know what it does.

suprised you aint killed an f20 yet with 300bhp through it.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the switch that controls the power is always on the lowest position! (standard boost)! very rare i turn it up to full (300 brake). thats probably why the gear box has lasted! it hasnt been fitted long anyway so lets see what happens! me and my mate have plenty of gearboxes in the garage so if it brakes ill just bang a new one on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.